Ando's effect (Heroes V.3 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by EyalM, Dec 20, 2008.

1. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So volume 3 ended with Ando having a “super charger” power. He can make Daphne faster and Parkman hear more people’s thoughts, but what happens if he zaps Hiro? Or Clair? Or even Syler? I’m wondering what kind of an effect it would have.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I could see something weird like Claire growing younger as a result.

3. spenshel

spenshel Cadet Newbie

He might boost Sylar's telekinetic ability to the point that Sylar can levitate an entire city block, or even an entire city.

Let's suppose that Ando can boost a hero's power by a factor of 1,000. What does that mean for Daphne? In "Dual" she ran so fast that she traveled backwards in time. Therefore she must have exceeded the speed of light, or 186,282 miles per second (apologies to my metric cousins). This implies that her top speed when normally powered is in excess of 186 miles per second. She could run from New York to LA in fewer than 15 seconds! This is the same girl who couldn't outrun a nuclear blast?

If Ando touches Nathan, the supercharging effect would cause Nathan to instantly zoom into outer space and die. (Cool!)

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Shh, the writers didn't think that far!

5. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

What I wanna know is...At the beginning of volume 3 they show Ando zapping Hiro and try to make it look like he was killing hiro. So does this still happen? And are they gonna go into explaining that? Im thinking that what was happening at that moment was soo bad that Hiro had to go all the way back to the dawn of human civilization to stop it...hence he needed to be supercharged...

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Hiro may not have had his powers back at that point so Ando was zapping him with such intensity in hopes it would supercharge his DNA and restore his powers.

7. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or maybe Ando had a different power in that timeline?

8. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Nope. Same effect. It seems the serum doesn't give random abilities. As shown with Peter, the serum reacts with the person's DNA and amplifies what is already there. And if someone's powers have been removed, it would seem that it merely restores them.

Ando was always Hiro's biggest booster. Now he is everyone's booster.

So I guess that means that Mohinder bugs a lot of people?

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the mega-giant entire series emergency reset button.

He needs squashing, for sure.

Claire becomes The Thing.
    Sylar becomes Galactus.

Clobberin' Time results.

10. Extrocomp

Extrocomp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If Claire's power was supercharged then I think any piece of Claire's flesh that got cut off would instantly grow into a clone of her.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If Ando charged up the Haitian... would he erase everyone's powers on the planet?

12. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it would give him telekinesis. After all, flying is essentially using telekinesis on yourself.

Can the Haitian turn off his powers so Ando could actually use his power on him?

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

My guesses:

Claire - Perhaps, as has been guessed, make her younger ? Or perhaps her powers would begin to affect people in a larger area - say healing a hospital full of people ?

Peter - Absorbing the powers of everyone in a city. This would be extremely dangerous especially since one of those people would be Ando himself, Peter could end up boosting himself over and over uncontrollably. It is possible, I suppose, that Ando could boost one of Peter's absorbed powers instead.

Nathan - My working theory is that Nathan has some sort of gravity control. He doesn't look strong enough to carry someone Matt's size. Ando could boost this, allowing him to lift larger objects while flying or suspend gravity around them entirely.

Hiro - Perhaps the ability to teleport beyond Earth ? For someone who can manipulate time and space he has only made very limited jumps in the grand scheme of things.

Tracy - I'm going to go for something like Iceman in X-Men, a full-on ability to selectively eliminate heat. Perhaps she could even have Ice armour like Bobby does.

Sylar - Complete omniscience, the complete knowledge and understanding of the everything, the entire universe - but here's the catch, it only lasts as long as Ando's boost.

Angela - Perhaps uncontrollable visions of everyone in a large area's future ? Or maybe it would allow her to focus on a specific point in a specific person's future.

The Haitian can selectively choose which people's powers in a room he turns off and which he leaves on and this is limited by how powerful the person he is blocking is. He struggled to contain Arthur and was not able to blocking Sylar at the same time.

Also, in the future, he shut down Hiro's powers while allowing Matt to use his.

14. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

They should have used Ando on the writers. :rolleyes:

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I would hope that Hiro is smart enough to not attempt an extra-terrestrial jump, as he would have no fucking clue where he would be able to survive. Even if he jumped to another planet, he could be dead within seconds depending on where he ended up.

16. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Matt just gave a rough figure of 1000 times just for conversation purposes to get his point across, for all anybody knows it amplifies powers 5000 fold or 50,000 fold. :rolleyes:

17. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

What happens when powers are amplified?

Claire - gets younger.

Peter - Absorbs the powers of everyone in the entire state or country.

Nathan - can fly faster.

Hiro - Can teleport many people and objects without having to touch them OR can teleport to alternate universes.

Tracy - Can freeze everything in a radius of miles.

Sylar - He gains ultimate knowledge but his hunger becomes an uncontrollable rage making him go insane.

Angela - Can dream of events further into the future.

Haitian - Can prevent peoples powers for miles around.

18. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Please don't give the writers any ideas. Seeing Hayden Panettiere trying to emote one version of Claire is enough; two would be unbearable.

19. Jaron

Jaron Captain Captain

A supercharged Claire might be able to heal people like Linderman. A supercharged Peter might be able to steal powers like his father. One might even wonder if the previous generation had access to an Ando of their own.

20. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System

so that means...
    peters wanting to help everybody makes it so he gets everybodys powers...