Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Weeee! OHCRAP *sizzle*

I just thought of a really awesome use for pistons: making underwater bases, so that the entrance rises up above sea level, and once you're inside and press a switch it sinks back down again. That would be awesome.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, someones got some madd programming skillz!

Hmm, I'll have to move the first set of powered tracks farther down the line to avoid bounceback. I thought the new on/off buttons had fixed that problem. Also, signs are in place for two stops.

I also discovered that you can bury redtone torches underneath tracks. SO I'll have to go onto the server and tidy things up a bit. ATM I'm installing chimes in the Town Square station.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Note that buried redstone torches will only power the track directly above, and not adjacent tracks as would be the case if the torch was placed level with the track.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean like the Decepticon base in the original Transformers cartoon? :D

6. Cutter John

Seems to be working so far. I guess powered tracks transmit power to adjacent tracks.

And congratulations. You know have your very own station. Feel free to name it. :)

7. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the help guys, gonna check out the cell shaded pack and maybe a couple others.

EDIT: Although I do like the idea of editing different packs together, should look into how to do that properly.

8. Cutter John

Could someone fill me in on what the aftermath of a forest fire looks like? I logged into my singleplayer map and theres a large section of at the base of my mountain thats been defoliated, save for a few stumps and single wood/leaf blocks floating in midair. I figure its either a glitch, or I've been wildfired.

Rowan - Its not hard at all. If you have a program like Photoshop or Gimp that can handle transparent images, then you should be golden. Just cut and paste the various squares into place, save it as an interlaced PNG file and you're golden.

9. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, that sounds like it's a forest fire, but it's odd for you to notice upon login to single player. Usually I just come across them while out wandering, due to surface lava.

10. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

Definitely forest fire, I still have a large glowing plain that looks similar to that.

11. Cutter John

Thankfully trees are easy to replant.

Been doing more track research. Seems I can skip burying torches altogether and just lay down a Detector rail on either side of the powered track.

12. Owain Taggart

I'm going to have to put a door on that lodge in the Frontier so that people can have a place to stay at when the mobs are turned back on. With luck, we could even have the rail system right by it.

13. Cutter John

Hopefully. I could sure use some help laying down the track, tunnelling through monutains, etc. I just had a look at the world map and how far there is left to go. :wtf:

We're definately going to need emergency shelters along the walking path though.

14. Owain Taggart

I might take up the task of making the shelters then.

15. Owain Taggart

Ok, this is weird. I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but I've got a hybrid tree. It's got regular wood blocks and birch blocks as part of the tree. Didn't plant any birch trees recently either, and it can't be from an existing tree since I got Robert to burn down my forest to begin anew.

16. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Yeah... strange things happen when you move too far from your spawn point shortly after the world begins generating. :vulcan:

It's not in the pic, but there's some exposed coal too. This piece of stone is completely exposed, and as far as I can tell there aren't any tunnels or holes in it. I found it while the world was still not-quite-generated, so I'm thinking it's some kind of bizarre error. I haven't started digging in it yet, so I don't know how prevalent other materials are in it.

17. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a few areas like that in my world. I like them, they remind me of The Burren (which is where much of Father Ted's location shooting was done).

18. Cutter John

I've seen somethign similar in the Gargamel seeds I play on, and the server uses. Large areas of bare stone, and blocks of iron on cliff faces right at the waterline of various ocean areas.

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, the Gargamel seed is epic. Exposed rock everywhere! And large desert biomes.

20. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ And they use the same seed in South America, too:

[​IMG]