800th Episode - 2014 Christmas Special (Rumour's/Poss. Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by MacLeod, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I suppose as we've been chating about the 50th Anniversary Special for a while. Is it time to turn our attnetion to Matt Smith's swansong. So do we think Moffat will tie up all the lose ends from Smith's era?

So any wild guesses as to what will cause this regenreation?

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's 2013, mate.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

So, is 2013 the 800th? Cos then whether 2014 is would depend on how many episodes season 8 has, which has yet to be confirmed (running Sept-Nov as already leaked means a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 13, depending on the dates)

4. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll have to side with the infamous Ian Le Vine. It does take a long time between series.

Also, wouldn't the Christmas special practically be part of Series 8? All Christmas specials had been, essentially, episode 0 of the upcoming series.

5. Emperor-Tiberius

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This time around it seems the Christmas special will more likely be the final episode of Season 7.

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Given that the Complete Series 7 box set will be released later October with all series 7 episodes and Christmas specials, I shall highly doubt that.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time a series would begin and end with different Doctors. Think Series 4 of Old Who with Hartnell/Troughton, and accordingly Series 21 with Davison/Baker (on second thought, maybe you shouldn't :p).

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think I just mean "storywise" it'll be more like the end of Season 7, rather than the beginning of a new season. Whether it's actually marketed or released that way is another matter.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I'm kinda hoping Name of the Doctor, The Anniversary Special, and The Christmas Special will be a Trilogy of sorts. Name of the Doctor introduces HurtDoctor, so, it's a Good bet, The Anniversary Special will take off from where NotD left off, and bring in Ten(nant) and Rose. So, hopefully, that Anniversary Special will lead straight into the Christmas Special and his ultimate Regeneration.

10. Emperor-Tiberius

I'd dig the above structure. Would remind me of Old Who trilogies like the New Begginings Trilogy, where the Master came back, the Doctor regenerated, and the Master was defeated. In this case, the Doctor is confronted by his past, he will face his most regretful part of his past, and probably will deal with his unresolved enemies before regenerating.

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

12. Emperor-Tiberius

I bet everyone will be asking him how he feels about his exit, story-wise.

An early wager: Will it be better or worse than End of Time?

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Is he gonna be wearing a wig?

14. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, Matt Smith himself has confirmed as much.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm going to go with better, although it'll be hard to top the last five minutes or so of TEOT. I think it'll be a tighter story, and I think it'll resist any kind of grand tour of every companion evah!

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Just so long as he gets a better fucking last line than "I don't want to go".

I suggested to a mate of Moffat's recently that the Eleventh's last words should be "What bus?"

17. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From what Moffat has said it looks like he's expanding that one line into the basis for the entire episode. So he'll probably wind up curled up in a ball in the corner of the TARDIS crying, "I don't want to die."

18. Emperor-Tiberius

Well, when you had the Eleventh Doctor basically running around in the sixth series, trying to avoid his death... I don't think they'll treat his regeneration as an imminent one.

At least, I hope they won't.

19. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll try and track down the actual quote when I have more time but basically Moffat said that he'll be afraid of what he's going to change into next and fighting against it. (Which makes sense I suppose since as the 12th Doctor, the Valeyard should be next.)

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'd be tempted to go with Geronimo...but actually what might work would be a semi-conscious "Come along, Pond." said with a dreamy smile.