New IMAX Star Trek Into Darkness Poster

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, May 1, 2013.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The second IMAX Star Trek into Darkness poster has just debuted. In this poster, The USS Enterprise is being chased by the USS Vengeance. The USS Vengeance, Dreadnought class, is being captained by John Harrison. This is probably an IMAX theater-only poster, and not another fan giveaway. Click on the thumbnail for a larger-sized image.

More...

2. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is the Vengeance really supposed to be THAT HUGE!? Seems a bit...excessive...to me, and I wonder if perhaps they did take a little artistic license with the ship sizes in that poster...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    upload

3. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After seeing that, all I can hear is Graham Chapman howling "RUN AWAAAAAAY"

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They did. In the movie, according to dialogue and FX, it's "only" twice the size of the Enterprise.

[​IMG]

5. TheCutestofBorg

TheCutestofBorg Lieutenant Junior Grade

In my opinion the size of this Vengence ship is the size the Enterprise should be anyway. The size the actual enterprise is is not much bigger than 2-3 space shuttles. The interior volume must be something like a 2 story office building...

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

For the sake of organization, discussions concerning the sizes of starships will now be conducted in the convenient new Starship Size Argumentâ„¢ thread, so that it doesn't keep erupting in so many threads not necessarily about that argument.

Thank you,
    That buzzkill moderator

7. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

holy f.. shit!!

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That poster does seem a bit exaggerated. Clearly a marketing scheme to artificially create pre-movie drama, showing our heroes about to be squashed by a ship the size of V'Ger. I guess this shows the Vengeance's "balls" in the front of the secondary hull to be massive torpedo launch arrays.

9. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's good. I like it. However I havnt taken it as gospel that the size comparisons are not worth fighting about, this is done to sell tickets.

Average joe audience will see 'massive ship chases not so massive ship firing lasers.'

I have a collection of IMAX 12:01 posters and its a shame they won't be making them any more, they're changing over to a new format/style.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-into-darkness-imax-poster/

Shame be because I love the dimensions and art work for them, I hope the new ones are as good when they are out.