The CW Releases First Tomorrow People Trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

The original Tomorrow People has a great premise, executed utterly abysmally. This looks like it will execute the premise differently abysmally.

Where's TIM?

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Great premise, but like Heroes, it looks the execution will be terrible. Too many "pretty faces" and it screams teen angst.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe what will happen on Revolution will happen here? The kids will test poorly, and the story will drift into the hands of the 40 year olds?

OOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh no.

I was going to say how Mark Pellengrino is everywhere, and has been for a while, and that I am beginning to appreciate him. I learned to hate him on Dexter because he wanted me to hate him, because that's called acting, and the lad has been digging himself out of that hole for years.

"The uncle of Stephen Amell"

Cool.

But then I saw the all too familiar name of his character on thee Tomorrow People.

Sure they could be just randomly grabbing names from the original series to seem polite, or this Jedikiah could be just like the original Jedikiah from the 70s.

4. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney broadcast the first season of The Girl from Tomorrow stitched together as a movie back in the 90's. I rather enjoyed it, though I thought it was a tad lame. ;)

I never watched the original Tomorrow People either, so I'm willing to give this a shot. Two things going for it:
    • Dude from Charlie Jade
    • Jacob from Lost
    :D

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did admit I let a little fannish squee when I saw the guy from Charlie Jade. I love that show.

6. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a hazy recollection of maybe seeing a few episodes of the original series, but I'm willing to give this show a shot. Arrow has been a pleasant surprise, and I say thatas someone, who despite liking Superman a lot, never warmed to Smallville.

It does seem very X-Men-like, but maybe them all having the same powers will differentiate it.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Even as a kid I thought the first season was naff, but the second season really hooked my attention. It had time travel, a post-apocalyptic Australia (I had just seen Mad Max 2 around the same time) even a kind of mythos surrounding the future history.

Small aside, but do they even make shows like this anymore? Yeah I know it's cheep and nowhere near as good as child me thought it was, but when my nephew and nieces are over and watching TV the only thing even close to this was the Sarah Jane show. I'm thinking things like Centry Falls, Archer's Goon, The Borrowers etc. Perhaps there is and I'm just not aware of it.

8. Guy Gardener

I doubt they made season one into a movie without some serious cutting.

12 episodes x 22 minutes.

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I remember the original being pretty poor. I'll reserve judgment on this one !

10. Guy Gardener

This guy Phil Klimmer wrote the pilot and is listed as one of the six executive producers. His credits include Veronica Mars, Chuck and the highly underrated Undercovers.

Political Animals however for the most part sucked donkeys. Sebastian Stan on cocaine making out with other blokes how ever was outstanding, but any reality tv show hiding behind a trash can could have eventually gotten identical footage probably.

Golden Doy is a bi of a black mark too. Universally dull.

The other 5 executive producers?

Julie Plec is Kyle XY and Vampire Diaries.

Anthony Optican is a virgin.

Danny Cannon is CSI and Nikita.

Mellissa Berman is Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone and Arrow.

Greg Berlanti seems to be the elder statesman with Everwood and Dawsons creek to his credit, however his foray into movies is "Green Lantern" although there's some bollocks attached to his pages about Green Lantern II?

11. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

*shrug* It's the only way I ever saw it. I recorded it from one of Disney's free preview weekends and watched it quite a few times over the years. I didn't even know it was really a TV series until years later.

12. Guy Gardener

Oh. I was just letting you know that there is so much more of the story left to watch.

But wait there's more!

Season 2 is excellent. they add the year 2500 hundred to the landscape where if all goes well, the Earth is destroyed enough that the "kindly peacenik telepaths" we know MIGHT have room to rebuild the Earth... But here's a paradox in play, and the deaths of billions seem to perhaps be too steep price to pay for Lana to pay just to have a home to go back to in the year 3000.

:)