TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Patrick Picard

Patrick Picard Cadet Newbie

Hi! I'm Pat and I am loving this forum. I grew up watching the show with my father, and recently rewatched the entire series. I loved it, and was talking about it sooooooo much that my friend Patrick (same name, different dude) wanted to start watching.

It being 2016, we figured...why not podcast his experience. We aptly call the show "Pat Trek" because we like puns, and both have the same name.

Season 1 has been a bit rough, but we are having a blast.

You can listen to the show here:
    iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pat-trek/id1070311938?mt=2
    Tumblr: http://pattrek.space/

2. ArgyleTrekkie

ArgyleTrekkie Ensign Red Shirt

Hello! I am Bree. I have rewatched TNG more than probably any series. It was the only series that I watched as it aired, so it has a special place in my heart. I remember helping my father set up the Beta Max/VHS player to record, I had every episode labeled and I would watch them over and over.

Glad to be here. I have lurked for a pretty long time and then decided I should probably interact a little and get to know some folks.

Sebastian STR likes this.
  3. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

There might be few lurkers out there that haven't registered... Do "the Argyle" and register, no more lurking. :)

ArgyleTrekkie likes this.
  4. Heghta

Heghta Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

New here. Been a long-time TNG fan. Been rewatching for years. Love most episodes and story arcs with the Klingons and Romulans. I am a huge starship fan and love the ships on TNG. The Romulan D'Deridex Warbird, the Klingon Vor'cha cruiser and of course my favourite the Galaxy class USS Enterprise...amazing designs. Of course the K'Vort class Bird of Prey is beautiful too but this design is based on the identical (but smaller and less powerful) B'Rel design which was introduced in the TOS movie The Search for Spock.

Loved the Children of Tama ship too but that design was recycled a couple of times including on DS9 (though using a different colour scheme). Same for Baran's ship used in Gambit part's 1 and 2. This design was recycled as the Miradorn Raider and other ship but anyway they were lesser vessels and thought that most people wouldn't notice.

haha sorry I'm already yapping on and on about ships :D

Mutai Sho-Rin likes this.
  5. JesterFace

I think this is the right place for that. :)

Mutai Sho-Rin likes this.
  6. Romdoll

Romdoll Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings, I am Romdoll and I Love TNG and the TNG movies. I am a fan of all Star Trek. And I am excited about the new series that is in the works.

7. T'Elann

T'Elann Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I like all the 24th century shows but TNG was the first trek show I watched Data was my favorite character but I also like Troi and Riker I found some of the relationships in the show underdeveloped however

8. Crow T. Robot

Crow T. Robot Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've loved Star Trek since I was first cognizant enough to process what I was watching. I even remember the first time I saw an episode of TOS; on an old black-and-white television full of static on AFN in West Germany. I can't remember the exact episode, but I was mesmerized and became obsessed with the show.

Of all the television series, the only one I didn't really like (and I know this probably makes me an outlier) was DS9. I think it was the Bajorans that really turned me off. It did get better as it went on, and I did watch most of it, but something about the Bajorans, the Cardassians, and the show being more sedentary than the other series really didn't work for me. Of course, I also loved the Ferrengi episodes, too, so that shows just how much of an outlier I am. :)

I didn't like Voyager all that much, though I did enjoy the Doctor, and, well, the same goes for Enterprise (right down to liking Phlox). Though that fourth season was a real winner.

When it comes to the movies, eh, I can't say I really liked them nearly as much as I liked the shows. I've only seen a few (Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, and First Contact) repeatedly, especially if I run into them while flipping channels. The others, I can usually stomach to watch for a few minutes before I find myself looking for something else.

Never got into the novels, comics, or other things though. Never been to a convention, don't have much (or really any that I can think of?) memorabilia. So I guess I'm not really a "super fan" by any measure.

But man, did I love TOS. :) Even watching old episodes today brings a smile to face, no matter how bad it gets.

9. Evileer

Evileer Cadet Newbie

Hi all. :)

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a long-term TNG fan. As it so happens I've just started re-watching The Next generation from the very first episode. It'll be interesting to see how the characters evolve from the beginning, how the episodes evolve in terms of scripting, acting and production change, and even how my impression of the series evolves too.

So it seems I'm on my own personal Star Trek journey all over again. It's going to be fun that's for sure.

Capn Nick likes this.
  10. Ysilv

Ysilv Cadet Newbie

Newb here.

I'm a Star Trek fan in general but I have an enduring fondness for TNG. It's the Trek that I watched as a kid, my introduction to the franchise, and somehow Roddenberry's vision of the future always brings me comfort. Despite 1080p on the DVDs and modern monitors sort of cheapening the classic atmosphere through high frame rate, making it seem more soap opera than science fiction, I can't shake the nostalgia. If there's something on my television at all these days, it's probably an episode of Star Trek.

Capn Nick likes this.
  11. Capn Nick

Capn Nick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi! I'm new here! I just found this by accident and everybody seemed so nice I registered!

My dad loved Star Trek and some of my best childhood moments were watching the Next Generation with him.

I like how optimistic and thought provoking Star Trek is. Also, I'll defend Riker as a character until my last breath if I have to do so! :-).

The Katatonic likes this.
  12. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

I am a long time Trekkie been on this site for awhile I watched TNG when it first aired and loved it I am rewatching it now on Netflix I am in the middle of final season now what is very interesting to me how much I did retain and how certain episodes stayed in my memory all this time I also love how timely this series is still today still very relevent today this is probably my favorite Trek

Mutai Sho-Rin and Capn Nick like this.
  13. Miss Make It So

Miss Make It So Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello all, new here. It goes without saying, where has this forum been my whole life!? I'm in my **cough cough** late thirties **cough cough** and I grew up watching TNG on channel 13 as a kid/teen. Of all the changes that have taken place in my life, my love for TNG has always been a constant. I definitely enjoy re-watching episodes on Netflix, watching movies, and reading books pertaining to this series.

Sebastian STR and RAMA like this.
  14. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Well welcome to the madness. As a very early member of this board who just turned **GAG** 70, I can just about guarantee that you can amuse, entertain and occasionally educate yourself here. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

15. Miss Make It So

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I literally giggled like a school girl when I found this forum.:hugegrin:

Jonny likes this.
  16. JesterFace

Was that because you are a little school girl? ;)

17. Miss Make It So

Oh do I wish! Life was simpler back then.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Welcome!

19. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

:lol: Welcome to the forum. Virtual first drinks are on the house :beer:

20. samalex

samalex Ensign Newbie

Count me in :)

21. Binary

Binary Ensign Red Shirt

Hi! If anyone ever checks this I'm Bob, and I only recently started looking at this site. I definitely feel that TNG is the best of the spin offs. Patrick Stewart is a phenomenal actor so he's great to watch. Some of favourite characters though are Data, Riker and Dr. Crusher. I always felt Wil Wheaton took too much heat from fans. They seemed to hate the fact that Wesley, a kid, helped save the day several times even though it was made clear that he was a child prodigy with a genius level IQ. The one I really miss is Tasha Yar. She was gorgeous. Worf I liked in combat episodes or when he's struggling to recover his family's honour. However, outside of those shows they didn't seem to know what to do with him, so he became the comic relief character. Although he was great at it! Especially in Qpid, Fistful of Datas and Cost of Living.

Among my the episodes I love the most, Parallels, Yesterday's Enterprise, Conundrum, Realm of Fear and Redemption part I and II stand out. As well as The Hunted and Gambit parts I and II.

RAMA likes this.
  22. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

No one "checks this" in any formal way but a lot of forum regulars including your faithful Moderator like to read who's joining the party. Welcome aboard, the beer today is on your tab.

23. JesterFace

When I visit this forum, I check out this thread, when there are new replys.

24. JesterFace

When I visit this forum, I check out this thread, when there are new replys.