PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do you know they're female. :shifty:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm on a pre-xmas d word. This is my goddam lunch.

(The meat is Kangaroo, and the red sauce on it is Cholula.)

[​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I wouldn't mind trying kangaroo meat. Never have. Heard some things about it, mostly good. I wonder if kangaroo meat prepared the right way would make for a good burger or sandwich.

4. teacake

It makes for good absolutely everything. It is very tender and yummy, much more flavour than beef. And much less fatty. After I'd only eaten kangaroo for a long time I couldn't get over the fatty feeling beef steak had in my mouth.

The burgers are fairly strong tasting, which might not suit everyone.

5. cooleddie74

I've had bear meat. It was way too stringy and salty for my tastes (the bear might have been getting a little old) but I'm willing to try almost any meat at least once if I can acquire some.

6. teacake

Never had bear. Have had emu, wallaby, venison, crocodile, boar.. and all kinds of seafood like trepang and cuttlefish and jellyfish. Kangaroo is really excellent as well as being inexpensive and readily available.

And yeah, I'll try anything once. I try and order things I have never tasted. If I don't actually know what it is because it's not listed in english, even better :lol:

7. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I wish I was like that! I've been pushing myself more but I'm pretty much the opposite of the way you are about food, so it's definitely a struggle.

8. cooleddie74

I tried octopus once. It didn't sound palatable at all when I first heard about it and I'm not much for foods derived from squishy, inky cephalopods, but the octopus I tried was prepared well and had a good flavor to it even if the consistency was kind of iffy and it wasn't as pleasing to chew the meat as it was to taste it.

9. teacake

It's good to eat with someone else then Kestra who agrees to order one familiar dish and one dish you've never had so you can share it :)

10. teacake

Octopus is everywhere here. I've had black pasta made with squid ink too (fantastic), at Italian places. We have baby ones on pizza for marinara, fried calamari done Italian or Asian, tentacles sold deep fried with chillie and onion at markets..

I like the tentacles themselves, the big white bits that everyone adores friend I find boring. They are okay in seafood stews. The big tentacles can be wonderfully seafood tasting.

Oh and octopus balls are an increasingly common snack food. It's not really the balls, it's a breaded fried ball with a piece of octopus in the middle. A japanese street food.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

My boyfriend is certainly more adventurous about food than I am, so this is something I'll keep in mind for the future.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Delicious"?

13. teacake

IF only. Actually I think everything is delicious so maybe I will reinvent and reinvigorate this project by using that word instead.

14. cooleddie74

Now I want a kangaroo burger. The question: does any meat market in my area carry kangaroo meat and since it'd likely be imported (I don't know of any area farms where they'd be raised and harvested) would the price be pretty high?

I've tried ostrich and was glad I did.

15. teacake

Yeah it would be high. I know you can get exotic meats delivered from certain companies, it comes vacuum packed.

16. teacake

I want to hear your adventures!

17. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Thursday was my son Ian's fifth birthday. It was such an emotional day for me, It's amazing how time can just disappear and in a blink of an eye, your son is five. He fills me up with so much love, I'm truly grateful for every day with him. I could never imagine loving someone so much, yet here he is.

[​IMG]
    1 Week old

[​IMG]
    1 Year old

[​IMG]
    2 Years old

[​IMG]
    3 Years old

[​IMG]
    4 Years old

[​IMG]
    5 Years old

18. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list

Was just curious to see if you've ever tried gator meat?

I like elk and venison, though they are a little hard to get here in the desert. But, I absolutely love alligator.

19. cooleddie74

No gator meat. Not that I'm aware of or remember, that much I know. I've had friends and relatives prepare a wide variety of different meats over the years for get-togethers but I don't think reptile (other than snake meat) has ever been on the menu.

20. teacake

Crocodile tasted like a robust, slightly fishy white meat.