The TNG Movies or a TNG Season 8

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Emperor Norton, Feb 1, 2015.

?

TNG Poll

1. TNG Films

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. TNG Season 8

30 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

The question isn't asked that often. I think it's often assumed that First Contact is universally popular. It's not - at least on here. We can be a contrary lot !

Personally, I wish Undiscovered Country had been the last Trek movie...

2. Spectral

Spectral Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I liked and disliked First Contact. Yes, cool with the Enterprise having to go back in time to fight the Borg off before the destroyed humanity that never quite made it. No, because why would the Borg choose that time? Kind of a dumb, too convenient choice. No, Data and the Borg Queen was a stupid, redundant waste of time. Yes, yes, Zefram Cochran breaking the warp barrier and the Vulcan's arrival gave me chills.

3. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Agree with this completely!

Loved my weekly fix of Star Trek. I've gone from having grown up watching TNG/DS9/VOY as well as the movies to now waiting ever few years for crap reboots.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I have to give props to the OP, this one's actually a toughie.

Unlike quite a few people around here, I actually quite enjoyed S7 of TNG, so a S8 might have been worthwile.

5. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Not only is trek best when on tv, it even feels like its on tv when you see it in a movie theater.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

I've disagree with that criticism even though it's one that gets tossed around in fandom a lot. With the exception of Insurrection all of the Trek films felt cinematic to me and possessed adequate scope.

7. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

I can't find any redeeming qualities in Nemesis even though some people seem to.