NFL 2015-2016 Season - Maybe extra points actually ... matter? What?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Regular season is upon us, time to transition to the new thread.

Opening kickoff on Thursday, Patriots vs. Steelers. Anyone think Brady will have trouble getting amped up? Goodell already isn't coming to Foxboro (first time Commissioner skips Opening Night?), let's see how long he can hide, and whether they can mute out all of the "Roger...Roger...Roger" chants from the crowd. And for revenge-related reasons, I'll set the over/under on the Pats' score from the Colts game in a few weeks at 50. Anyone want the under? :lol:

Time for some football!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: NFL 2015-2016 Season - Brady vs. the NFL, round 2

If the "official" 2015-16 NFL season thread has to subtitled and be all about him, I'll pass.

Enough already of Tom Frickin Almighty Brady. :rolleyes:

It would be nice to start a thread where other teams, players and subjects of interest to NFL fans are discussed, but it would prolly be shut down. :devil:

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

k thnx bye. Suppose you avoided the MLB thread because of the Cubs joke in its title?

God forbid I make a joke in the thread title about the thing that happened literally the day before the thread started, involving the biggest NFL story of the year, and featuring the team from Opening Night (and the defending champs). The nerve! I then even had the gall to comment about that game! :guffaw:

Feel free to get over it and discuss anything NFL-related. Or rage quit at the slightest offense, your call...

4. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

The Rams are going to the Super Bowl!

:techman:

That is all.

:beer:

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Why/how? Were they able to get tickets via an early group sale or something? :p

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

No, it's that you already have a thread to bitch about the persecution of Tom Brady.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Re: NFL 2015-2016 Season - Maybe extra points actually ... matter? Wha

Not my thread, I only made this one. And for the season, not anything in particular. And could you really argue that the whole Deflategate thing wasn't worth a thread, seeing how it was the only thing that's been talked about since January? Seems that thread is perfectly valid, despite the dumb title it got.

All that said, jesus guys, read what I posted. Joke in the title, generic opening statement, and comment about the FIRST GAME of the season. Tell you what, if Deflategate (or how it might motivate Brady) isn't mentioned on the broadcast at least a couple times tonight, I'll delete the thread and let someone else make one. Anyone want to set up an over/under on THOSE comments? Think I'm safe. Outside of saying that the Colts are in for a rough ride in a couple weeks, didn't make the comment any bigger than saying tonight would be interesting, and Goodell probably made a wise choice to turtle and skip his first Opening Game as commissioner, he wouldn't get a warm welcome...

As much as you guys want to paint the Pats fans as sensitive, the butthurt seems worse in reverse. What in this thread was the part that TWO of you now were offended enough by to comment on? I didn't read the entire Berman decision, but I assume we're still allowed to acknowledge the Patriots' existence when discussing NFL matters? They've got the opening game, so seemed appropriate to discuss said game? :guffaw:

9. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Let's go SEAHAWKS!

They've never lost at Levi's Stadium yet ;) Superbowl 50 we're coming for you!

In all seriousness...that was a rough preseason. I don't quite understand what Kam Chancellor hopes to accomplish at this point with his hold out. He wants his 2017 money now, but as long as he's not playing he'll be paying the team money. One side has to give and it can't be the 'Hawks front office otherwise EVERYONE would start asking for their new contracts or contract money. We'll see what happens after this weekend's game.

10. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

The Raiders are going to...respectability, and then to L.A., along with (sigh) the Rams. :)

F the Chargers. :devil:

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The 49ers are going to the Super Bowl... Only they might be watching the game in the stands. :lol:

Welcome back NFL. You haven't been missed but when the games start, that is the real excitement.

12. Timby

I have to be honest, I'm having a hard time getting jazzed for the season. Like, I'll still watch the Bears get kicked in the dick for 60 minutes by the Packers on Sunday, but between Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson and especially the ongoing concussion scandal, it's more difficult than I expected to get really pumped to watch a bunch of dudes turning their brains to mush for several hours.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I would have titled it The 2015-16 Tom Brady Revenge Tour. :shrug:

14. Timby

Given what happened the last time the Patriots got busted, I could have retitled it to "The Patriots will go 18-1 again." :p

15. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel the same way. I'm excited for the other sports Opening days/Nights (especially Baseball and Hockey) but it's hard to really get excited for Football season. Part of it is all the off field issues (Can't believe Deflategate and Spygates are still things), another part is just being inundated with sports betting commercials and draft kings and fan duel and all those other sites), and part of it is I know the 49ers won't be good this year. I hope they can win at least 7 games but I have them going 4 and 12.

16. Timby

It's the whole concussion thing that really bothers me. I mean, we know that head trauma causes mental disorders down the line, and football is replete with head trauma and the "just rub some dirt on it, you wimp" mentality. The league has done so much in the past year or so to cover up the real long-term effects of playing football, despite legends like Dave Duerson and Junior Seau killing themselves because they couldn't live with it anymore (and then prohibiting Seau's family from speaking at his Hall of Fame induction, fearing that they'd talk about CTE) that I just have a hard time thinking to myself, "YEAH, IT'S FUCKIN' FOOTBALL DAY IN AMERICA!"

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Why was my thread renamed? There was nothing inappropriate in it, do the mods/admins just get to edit things at random now?

Maybe next time just let us know what you'd like us to post? Is this really acceptable admin action?

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ahhhh... Praise be to Tebow, finally actual football to talk about again. :)

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And first TD. NFL should pull that ball so we know the change in PSI post-Gronk spike ;)

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

BTW, Patriots playing DJ Khaled for their pregame is possibly the most douchey thing I've seen in a long time.

Poor Pittsburgh kicker. Not sure the Steelers are going to have an opportunity to kick the new extra points, but he might do just as poorly with those too ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.