Nausicaan vs. Narn

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Dingo, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

In keeping with my Deadliest Warriors of Star Trek and Babylon 5 I figured I'd put Nausicaan vs. Narn as another squad on squad battle.

I imagine that what favors the Nausicaans is brute strength and a culture steeped in violence.

The Narn I imagine can be as physically strong as Nausicaans but their advantage lies in cunning and subtlety. The latter is seen in their insurgency against the Centauri. They are equally as aggressive and violent.

In short I believe the Nausicaan can outmuscle the Narn but the Narn can outsmart the Nausicaan. For squad on squad battles I would say the Narn have the advantage of tactical acumen compared to the Nausicaans.

2. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

It could be done. I don't think Deadliest Warriors ever had an enourmous budget.

3. mupps

mupps Lieutenant Red Shirt

Did we ever see the Nausicaan's displaying huge amounts of physical strength?

We've seen Narn's lift up and smash sizable rock tables.

4. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Narn's all the way.

Nausicaan's haven't shown enough intelligence to work well in groups, they've been portrayed as over grown bullies.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But the Centauri trashed the Narn..

Still, the Naussicans appear dim. The Narn would best them easily if their tech was equal.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Nausicaans from ENT seemed smart enough.

7. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Rather than a fight, I'd love to see a televised debate between Citizen G'Kar and a Nausicaan.

G'Kar: "If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us".

Nausicaan: "... ... ... ... PLAY DOM-JOT, HUMAN?"

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe the ones in that episode from TNG were just drunks that you'd find in any bar like that one. The ones in "Fortunate Son" talked completely normal.

9. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

True, true. :) The guy in Canamar was perfectly intelligent and well-spoken too. That was a pleasant surprise, in fact; having the Enterprise Nausicaans act in a rather more sophisticated fashion than we'd previously seen. Still, for better or worse, when I think of Nausicaans I think of those (indeed, probably drunk) thugs in the bar.

10. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Narns assuming no tech advantages