Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Going to be the best GAME EVER :drool:

and speaking of VGA - does anyone know any other place showing the show since I assume the official website will be American viewers only?. I think non americans can view it on site 24 hours later but I really watt to watch it live.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The Collectors may have been formidable, but there's no way they'd have been much use in the Eden Prime War. All they appear to have is one base, and one very big ship...that's all. They're good at sneaking around and taking out defensless colonies and isolated ships but the Citadel fleet? No. Hell even Sovereign couldn't hold it's own against one of Earth's fleets. That whole battle sequence at the end of ME1 was just a mad dash to get the Citadel Relay open before the Reaper's kinetic barriers failed. The Geth on the other hand were recruited as canon fodder, so they were much more useful.

As for the rest, it's all under the assumption that Mass Relays are the only way Reapers know how to get around. They have been around for billions of years and I'm sure they have plenty more tools at their disposal than what we've seen already. Don't forget that the Mass Relay network was specifically created as a giant mouse trap, not necessarily as the Reapers' only means of getting around the galaxy.

Given what was going on with the stars I'll take a wild guess and say they're either collapsing stars to form singularities, wormholes or some such...OR they're building some kind of quantum entanglement teleporter.

As for the Human Reaper, it's not clear exactly what it's function would have been since there's still plenty we don't understand about the nature of Reapers. Whatever it's intended function, it's clear that just another run at the Citadel would be a bad idea. Plus they didn't want to build just any old Reaper, they specifically singled out humans.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You know, this leaked plot synopsis makes those pictures and other stuff BioWare released last month, with the human soldier with the Incisor sniper rifle in some sort of hovercraft over an Earth-like planet, make a lot more sense.

The VGAs are starting now. Never actually watched one of these, but what the heck, I'm curious. :lol: And Neil Patrick Harris is hosting, so that's cool. :techman:

4. Skywalker

MASS EFFECT 3 officially announced! :D

Teaser online! Scheduled for Holiday 2011. This, plus TES5, is going to make for an expensive Christmas. :lol:

5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The livestream I was watching was pulled only a minute after the ME3 trailer! :D Thank the goddess.

So, yeah. Apparently the Reapers don't like the British. I'm good with that.

6. Skywalker

Uh oh. The Reapers have indoctrinated the Irish! :eek:

7. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:borg: That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through free whiskey.

At least, that's what they promised us.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

At first the idea of playing on Earth sounded lame, but after seeing that trailer I'm suddenly excited by it.

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they convert Big Ben into a hangar for the Normandy. It would make no sense at all, and kick all kinds of ass.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I think I just creamed myself :lol:

FUCK ME that looks epic, sequel to the best game EVER. :techman:

11. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember how misleading the first glimpses of ME2 were.

"Shepard's dead!
    Or is he? *dun dun dunnnnn*
    No, he's not."

The trailer kicked all kinds of ass, no doubt about it, but the game itself might be totally different.

12. Skywalker

But Shepard did die. The Legion teaser wasn't actually misleading.

13. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Well, Earth is screwed.

:lol:

Very nice, I can't wait!

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Between this, Elder Scrolls V and the new SSX same, I need a change of pants.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I bet both Elder V and ME 3 will be pushed back to Q1 2012 because they are going to be large games and probably will need the extra polishing time.

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They'll release on time, because the video game industry is a business and taking more time costs more money.

17. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I wish more companies were like Valve. Release the thing when it is ready.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Mass Effect 2 was pushed back from Q4 2009 to Q1 2010, and quite a few games get pushed back in there development. I don't know how Bioware manage to make 3 games at once (ME 3, DO 2 & SW:TOR) there gods among nerds ;)

TBH after how well ME 2 did in a post Christmas slot to avoid games like COD, Uncharted 2 & Creed 2 am surprised they want to put it up against would could be a similar lineup but with another big RPG thrown in "Elder V".

I see Elder V being pushed back because its one of those games, which end up too big for its own good and I do fear a buggy launch.

Rockstar is another who seem to like to take their time, I remember when people were saying Red Dead Redemption would not make a large profit, boy were they wrong. There also saying the same about LA Noire...

Rockstar = Great quality and $$$...same with Valve, people should learn from them.

19. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I take back what I said about the new SSX game. WTF is this shit? Why the hell does the new SSX game look like Call of Duty? :wtf:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-ssx-deadly/708356

EA has their heads completely up their asses if they think SSX needs to be dark and gritty instead of the cool games the previous SSX, SSX:Tricky and SSX 3 were. Let's hope they don't have the same effect on Mass Effect 3.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enjoyed the trailer, but this game was always going to be a preorder for me