Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^hahahaha!

2. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The crew didn't get dehydrated again, did they?

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

B'Fuselak has shed his skin again.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

B'Fuselek's diet is working. Too well.

5. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Ahhhhhh Star Trek in 2.5 D at last!!!

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

7. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice work!

8. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the new pic, Maurice. Today sucked. This little nugget made it a little better.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the Halloween present Maurice!

10. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

A piece of candy wrapped in a magic trick. Psychodelic. ENT was devoid of color and character, wasn't it. Berman's way of saving money.

So B'Fusilek shed his skin and was a Tressorian imposter spy, huh? i knew it. He was too wierd.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

12. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

And your source for this little tidbit of info would be...

13. xortex

Well what color was it? Drab bluish? And the characeters didn't mesh well enough. Uh, I agree with Dennis, Connor Trinner should have been Captain. Bacula was trying too hard to be thirty something. The strain on his face was too much paired with the dour one on T'Pol's face and Trip is supposed to be the curmudgeon.

Also Bacula was just too ubiquitous and not intense enough and then he just tuned mean and nasty and miserable when coto came in. Trip was supposed to be McCoy and be a naysayer and he had to perk up and be an optomist because nobody else was.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  14. doubleohfive

I'm not challenging your opinion that Enterprise was "devoid of color and character."

I am challenging your assertion that the stylistic choices of the production design were in some way motivated by Rick Berman's fiscal proprietary sense. Thus far, you have not provided any reliable information to back up that claim.

15. xortex

Well subtlety and subdued music cues and dull, dreary backgrounds made it indistinct and uninteresting to me. He was always buying cheap chicken and he probably carried a time piece in his vest all while lighting his cigarettes with twenty dollar bills. Get my point? It's a business like McDonalds.

16. doubleohfive

1) I read The Making of Deep Space Nine too, and I think you're missing the point of the "cheap chicken" anecdote. You are taking a gag from Berman's working relationship with Piller as writers and trying to use it as evidence to discredit the guy. That's not academically fair, it is intellectually dishonest and frankly, it reeks of lazy thinking on your part. Is this the best you can do to defend your point? Is this the most salient argument you have to support your claim?

2) You are still providing me with your opinions about Enterprise. I am not questioning your opinions, despite disagreeing with them. I am however challenging your assertions --which you are presuming and perpetuating as fact, solely because you didn't like the product he was producing-- and asking you for hard, legit sources to back up your so-far-spurious claims.

If you can't back up your shit though, man up and just admit it - you didn't like the show. That's no reason to cast aspersions on the people who worked hard to produce that show, whether you liked it or not, never mind the fact that we are sitting here, six years after the show wrapped arguing about its merit.

If you're going to go down the tired, one-note road of Berman bashing, at least have the stones to admit to it.

17. xortex

Was the show not dark in it's color schemes?

Did not Berman get the cheap chicken because it was cheap?

18. doubleohfive

I'm not disputing that the show's color palette was darker. I'm not disputing that the chicken was cheap.

I am taking issue with your asserting your opinions as facts, when you have no solid information to back them up as such.

19. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^^^^ whatever....

I like the way the Tholian face can be seen along with the Tholian ships. I'm guessing the screen grab is in the middle of a fade? Thanks again for the sneak peek!

20. xortex

I said he probably made it devoid of color to save money because to me his stingy sure footed approach would lend itself to not taking any extravagant risks such as color as standing out could get your show cancelled sooner. Since he ran the show and his vision was what we were seeing it would make sense that he might take the cheap chicken approach. What makes you think that saving money is a bad thing anyway, and being stingy as well as greedy? Now I'm making a joke, but your point is extremely intangential. Is that a word? How about indifferential?