Doctor Who set/on location reports thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Haha, brilliant!

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're not that bad actually.

3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

V.Good audio to very average tv eps, not good.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Very nice work GL

5. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Funny thing is, in the comics Iron Man now has an all-silver look.

6. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or he will by end of year. ;) A shame, I was just getting used to the black-and-gold motif, as much as I haven't enjoyed the artwork in the comics itself.

Back on topic... How about that RING?!

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-doctors-ring.html

As I understand it, it's NOT Capaldi's actual wedding ring (which I think is a simple gold band), but a prop ring made for the character. We've read that the actor doesn't take his ring off for roles anymore, but swapping it out for another one seems to be okay... It wouldn't surprise me that the actor has a dent in his finger from decades of wearing the thing (I do) and wouldn't want to NOT wear it anymore, I guess...

Mark

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What, they're getting rid of the gold and black? Life suddenly got worse. :(

8. Doctorwhovian

I'm willing to bet that at least the Red/Gold pattern will be back by the time of "Avengers Age of Ultron". Marvel has a tendency to change-or revert-their heroes in order to help sell titles to those who have seen the movies. I think this kind of started with the X-men movie, where the X-men sported black leather which lasted a few years until Whedon's run put them back in the spandex.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like it's two Rings. The wedding band and this new one to blend in with it.

I guess now that the doctor is older he needs a new tactic in picking up chicks. Wedding band does the trick.

10. Doctorwhovian

Didn't the first Doctor also have a ring?

11. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

That's a very pretty ring.

He did. It seemed to be connected to the TARDIS somehow.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I am not expecting that (or Captain America to revert to Steve Rogers or Mjolnir to return to Thor Odinson) by May. The reason is time; there's not enough publishing time between the launch of Captain America, Thor, and Superior Iron Man in September/October and Avengers: Age of Ultron in May for more than a single story arc (by the standards of modern decompression) with the new takes on these characters. Why make a big media splash on the new Captain America and Thor if all you're going to get out of them is six to eight issues? (I have my issues with the way Marvel handled the reveal on both of those, but that's an issue for another time.)

The wild card, I suppose is "Time Runs Out" next spring. If that does reboot the Marvel Universe (as some think it will), then perhaps Marvel made those changes to Thor and Captain America precisely because they were going to be reverted in short order, not unlike how Civil War outed Peter Parker as Spider-Man because Marvel knew it was a short-term issue since "One More Day" was already in the planning stages.

I expect the Avengers Three will be back to their "iconic" selves by the time each of their next solo movies comes out, again, not unlike how Peter Parker was back as Spider-Man just before Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out. By next May, though? No way. :)

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I read an article suggesting (IIRC) that Marvel Comics might be making these changes specifically to assert its own independent identity, to tell stories that aren't just reflections of what the movies are doing. To remind people that the comics exist as more than just movie proposals.