NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That must of been fucking nuts down there an estimated 700,000 :eek: turnout holy shit I could almost hear you in Victoria, lol
    Congrats to your team and city.

Link

2. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

It was nuts! I was there with my nieces and sister-in-law. We tried going on the bus, but every bus was packed. So we ended up driving to her parents' house. Her father drove us close to the train station and then we were in the crowd. It was big and noisy, but that was part of the fun. We ended up getting a spot near CenturyLink Field and it was worth waiting for the team to show up. I didn't get a lot of pictures; I spent most of the time making sure my nieces could see. It was awesome when the team came by.

ETA: As for the link... it was business beating the Broncos. But I did feel bad for Peyton and the Broncos.

3. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I didn't feel bad for him or the Bronco either.

Quite simply put, the Seahawks were more physical than the Broncos.

...and the officials will not call the secondary like they did all year.

Which is unfair to a team like the Broncos if you think about it.

I say either enforce the rules, or get rid of them.

Most of the new rules shouldn't be there anyways.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Rules in question only exist to try and help Peyton in the first place. Colts got so man-handled by the Pats back in the day that their GM (also on the competition committee) had the rules changed to a degree that's drastically changed the league into a pass-happy league.

But in the playoffs, it trends back towards how it was played 10 years ago, and contact is more allowable. Agree that they should call it the same all season, though. Just think it should be closer to the way they called it in the Superbowl and not the 'flag for looking at the WR with a mean expression on your face' way it is in the regular season.

5. Peach Wookiee

I felt bad in the sense that Peyton had such a horrid day and that hey, the Hawks have been there too.

6. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have loved to have gone to the parade or rally, unfortunately I had class in Bothell until 10:45 and by then it was nearly impossible to get into downtown anyway. I can't imagine how you could stand to be out there in the cold for so long! I was at home watching it on TV later and I felt cold just seeing the people in all their layers of clothing! I liked what both Carroll and Wilson said in their speeches yesterday, this is only the beginning! GO HAWKS!

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

CBS will now be airing eight Thursday Night Football games.

8. Peach Wookiee

This was a very good beginning indeed. So your school didn't cancel? My alma mater... many profs did. One of my old profs didn't... what a butt!

9. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope! UW Bothell had no official cancellation policy, and my prof carried on as usual. I think more people were missing from my class today than yesterday.

Looking forward to next season now. I may even try to get to a game this year. I've never been to an event at the Clink yet.

10. Peach Wookiee

I haven't been there since 2003. My brother has season tickets...

11. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

My point, exactly. :techman:

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Downgrade, no. Or at least not talking down to. But when you're arguing and making that list of 'best ever', he's way down the list after people like Montana, Bradshaw, or even Brady, no?

So there IS something to never winning a championship...

13. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure there's something to it... but it isn't the end all, be all that most Monday morning pundits would have us believe.

14. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bradshaw and Brady? No. He, was better than both of those guys.

15. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Well it's not like Bradshaw is ever considered one of the best of all time, just a very good QB who helped some really good teams win Superbowls. He was great when his team needed him to be in the postseason, and that is a good trait to have. Brady, when he retires will be considered one of the best all time QBs. Period.

16. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I give Brady all the credit in the world. He has some great receivers, but he really had to carry and lead the Pats this year with their no-name receiver core.

17. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Since the season is over, feel free to start and carry the discussion to the offseason thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.