teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think O'Neill has recovered from getting zatted, stunned, beaten up, blown up, etc. as well as he'd have us believe.

2. gturner

gturner Admiral

That all makes sense. It's also possible that perhaps a queen (breeding sense) has to be trusted to withhold some knowledge from a system lord's offspring so he can have loyal minions instead of rivals, and perhaps some of the female system lords rose to power by fooling their powerful mates, making sure their offspring's loyalties were with the mother and not the father.

One of the best aspects of the whole Goa'uld storyline is the way they are a dysfunctional confederation of ruling dynasties, whose calculating power-grabs, betrayals, ahd shifting alliances could be the subject of its own body of literature, just like the royal dynasties in Earth's history. Shakespeare would've had a field day with them.

On a side-note, they showed the Goa'uld living in wild in lakes on the homeworld of the unas, but they never seemed to follow up on any of the implications of Goa'uld escaping back to the wild on other planets. Since they're small and aquatic it would be almost impossible to eliminate them if they decided to go to ground and hide, especially considering their long life spans. Perhaps the Goa'uld consider returning to such an existence far beneath them, though.

3. gturner

gturner Admiral

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have knowledge of any such changes, nor their duration, nor would I be at liberty to discuss them if I did, in fact, have such knowledge.

However, there is a piece of unclassified information that relates to Meridian.

Demon Core Wiki

Playing with a plutonium pit can be quite lethal.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Revelations: The (continuing) build up to knowing who, how and what Anubis is is excellent. Osiris is excellent. The Asgard clone revelations (which I knew from SG:A) are excellent. Tapping's acting is excellent. Daniel being a breeze is lame but acceptable.

The excellence continues!! Onto Season 6!

[​IMG]

5. teacake

Season 6 begins!

Redemption Part 1: I love the new opening. So nice not to see blue pharaoh and the gate dialing is always cool.

Jonas is a weather channel nerd, LOL! He has a certain.. presence. I am going to enjoy him I suspect.

Teal'c is back on the market. I'm thinking this must lead somewhere otherwise why knock off his sorta wife who never caused any trouble or conversation all these seasons?

You know what would be nice.. if the Russian general wasn't such a stereotypical putz dressed in a thick accent. It is kind of embarrassing to watch.

I'm going to make a prediction about "Prepare to meet your Doom" Anubis. He's actually some shrimpy over compensator in souped up alien disguise. Don't tell me if I'm right.

An exciting part one which contained, and this was especially exciting, all the adorableness in the universe in one neat little package.

[​IMG]

In this one you can hear SG:A Rodney getting ready to say, "Well be that as it may..":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:adore:

AND HE'S STILL ON THE BASE!! This means the next ep will have more of him :)

6. teacake

Redemption Part 2:

Rodney: I always wanted to be a penist.

blathers on..

Carter: You're creeping me out Mckay.

And THEN at the very END she admits to having been attracted to him! No wonder his torch has burned so bright!

Rodney gesturing fetchingly..

[​IMG]

Rodney being winsome..

[​IMG]

Rodney discussing his penist aspirations..

[​IMG]

Rodney intently saving the planet..

[​IMG]

Classic worried Rodney look.
    Could be imminent apocalypse, could be lemons..

[​IMG]

Oh yes and little Anakin stole a ship and blew up the weapon, yay. And America pays off the Soviet Union for their stargate which can only be a deal made by the military, but hopefully means no more Russian general spittleing indignantly about the base. And Anubis is still a mystery which is excellent.

7. gturner

gturner Admiral

I assume we don't get to much of the backstory on Anubis because he was cast out (and presumed dead) before most of the historical records Daniel relies upon were compiled. In this case not even the other system lords or the Tok'ra have any idea where Anubis was or what he was up to.

8. teacake

What is the story behind all this food btw?

[​IMG]

9. teacake

Descent: Ninjas. The Titanic. Jonas wet. Looking good!

Though umm... wasn't there a tidal wave?

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It did give him an excue to bond with his son.

Spoilers.

11. teacake

Frozen: That was very interesting. Exciting maybe-ancient thawed out mystery.

With this incredibly beautiful woman:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow! She really draws the eyes :lol:

And we also have the little Doctor with her hair kind of flattened down from a hat looking incredibly cute:

[​IMG]

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!

Poor O'Neill..

12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, Ancient lady (as in the same character) was also in the opening scene of the Atlantis pilot.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  14. teacake

I'm going to rewatch the Atlantis pilot opening.

And yes I looked it up and saw she was Young's wife. That story always upset me because Telford is just ICKY and I couldn't figure out why she would go for him.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Did she have regular encounters with Telford, before or after Young's Stone experience? Also was it before or after TJ?

16. teacake

After the stone experience she had an affair with him, at least that is how I remember it. All of this was after Young's TJ affair.

Telford just repulsed me.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

OK, that's how I thought it went, but, since I watched S1 fairly passively, I thought it might have gone:

TJ and Col Young
    Wife got revenge with Telford but continued punishing Young for TJ (And Col Young didn't know about Telford yet)
    Telford carried Young via stone and had Mrs. Young
    Col Young found out Telford had already been having himself some before the Stones

So, yea, I guess she did Telford for Col Young and enjoyed it, so she decided to keep on doing him, without Col young

18. teacake

It's kind of weird though since it was Young in Telford's body so all the moves and grooves would have been the same.. so I'm assuming she just liked Telford physically a whole lot more. Or maybe it was just the thrill of it being a different body if she'd been with Young a long time. Those stones are kind of dangerous :lol:

19. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Telford never got with Young's wife at any point as far as we know.

20. teacake

"Sometime after Young left again, the real Telford paid her a visit, but it is unknown what Telford's intentions were. (SGU: "Earth") A few months later, she asked for a divorce from Colonel Everett Young. (SGU: "Trial and Error") "

"When Young came back for another visit, Emily was more sympathetic with his situation and even had sexual intercourse with him while he was in Col. Telford's body. It is strongly implied that she is having an affair with Telford - as himself, not containing her husband's consciousness - herself."

I thought it was pretty obvious.