Reccomend a Hartnell ep....

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The Lensman, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Which of these would you buy first?

1. The Sensorites

18.2%
  2. The Reign Of Terror

72.7%
  3. Planet Of The Giants

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Hartnell ties Tom as my second favorite Doctor and up until about a year or so ago, I had all his released DVD eps.

Since I'm off today and tomorrow, I think I'd like to pick one up to get in the spirit of the 50th properly. There are currently four episode I don't own, but have no desire to pick up "The Gunfighters". I thought I'd set up a poll and ask for any opinions on these episodes.

Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if they'll ever release Classic Who in proper season sets? This Hartnell ep may be the last individual DVD I buy as I've got way too many Who DVD's and I'd love to lighten my load a bit. Aside from greed, is there a reason they still release them in this incredibly outdated fashion?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Reign. It's a very good story. Not seen the animations but I find the first episode one of the best of the first season, and an proper exciting cliffhanger!

3. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd go for The Gunfighters, it's better than all those three if not then Reign.

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

IIRC, isn't that ep. a true "historical"? I'd definitely be down with that and wish they'd do one or two nowadays.

I've generally gotten the impression that this one is pretty bad. Upon reading up on it, this one is also a "historical".

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

It's also a shockingly poor one from a historical stand point; all but one of the people they show to be at the OK Corral actually weren't, and those they show dying actually lived for a few more years after that!