Most Attractive Female

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Bry_Sinclair, Sep 7, 2013.

?

Who is the most attractive main/recurring character in VOY?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Kathryn Janeway

14 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Kes

11 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Seska

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Seven of Nine

40 vote(s)
    39.6%
  5. B'Elanna Torres

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  6. Samantha Wildman

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's women that need validation, men will really be happy with anyone, or most often a few anyones.

I'd just feel bad for the really, really attractive homosexual men.

They'd have to dress down, scuffing up their perfect looks to stop their dicks trying to circumnavigate their waistline until it looks like a belt.

2. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

It took me a second to get that joke.

:guffaw:

3. dauntless

dauntless Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

There is no debate here. B'elanna.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  4. JariM

JariM Lieutenant Red Shirt

Torres....

5. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sadly, to me, even that picture proves my point;

All that makeup ruins Dawnson's potential to be sexy for me =(.

She can't even pull off the emo girl well with that makeup.

Again, throw her in Charmed and she would have been in tight competition I bet. In Voyager, with the role she had ... It was all too forced.

After a fashion, 7 of 9 was all too forced too, but the one advantage is, you can point to any number of studies that would suggest a lot guys have abduction fantasies. Heck, the proof is in how many trek fan stories there are out there for 7 of 9 assimilating someone through sex compared to B'Ellena beating someone into submission; not that I've looked for these things, but sadly, unfiltered searches on Google for things like [Borg +"Seven of Nine""] bring up some scary things, lol.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Honestly, I've always thought Dawson looked better with the Klingon makeup than without it. Something about how it alters her hairline and the proportions of her face.

Although my favorite look for Torres was this one third-season episode where she had a single braid on one side of her face. Maybe "Distant Origin?" Something around that time. It was very fetching, but it was never seen again.

7. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Torres is an interesting one, she was my Voyager crush when it first aired until Seven came along. When I started rewatching recently I couldn't understand why. Suddenly, season 3, I get it. Yet I have no idea what's different.

Seven though. Some things don't change.

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    The Dawson episode where she's split into human and Klingon halves (can never remember title) is one of my faves of VOY and Trek, purely for her acting and how beautifully vulnerable she plays her human side.

Still voted for Ryan though, simply because she is stunning and my appreciation of her range has grown over years through numerous rewatches.

9. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The episode was "Faces" though, save its from late season 1, I don't remember off hand which episode it is.

Honestly, this episode for me was bad largely because it was early enough in the series to show off how much better it would have been to have Dawson play a full Klingon or full Human. She pulled off both sides really well, I agree, but I think it showed off she could play a strong willed Klingon or a super intelligent human always threatening to jump out of skin.

The combined emo half human, half klingon combination just wasn't as strong as the sum of her parts.

10. Guy Gardener

Episode 13 (of 15, season one was tiny.)

This is the episode where B'Elanna died.

They replaced her with a transporter clone thereafter.

11. dauntless

dauntless Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Real Life, with the Doctor's family.

And I think Faces was episode 14 of 16 in season 1.

12. Guy Gardener

You're counting Caretaker as two episodes.

I suppose that's not unforgivable.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm just so meh on Torres I have nothing to say.

14. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The whole episode was kind of a stinker except for this part.

15. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

this never happened

16. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

caretaker is two episodes, it has two production numbers

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I remember that week! I spent hours going from news stand to news stand buying up all the FARSCAPE editions so that Tor's sales reps could show them to their accounts . . . .

18. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

Voted Seven. Janeway... didn't care for the smoker's voice or the personality in terms of attractiveness. As a character, she makes for a pretty good captain. Kes looked better in the catsuit with 'natural' hair than the elfish look with meh costumes (Neelix's suits were far worse) but overall... meh. Torres was extremely attractive not just in look but also personality in some episodes (Season 3-5 mainly. Season 6, at times, she had a really ugly hairdo. Season 1-2 they were refining her makeup, eyebrows to look better). She's extremely competent in her field, keeping a ship's engines maintained on the fly, racking up more mileage than any other Starfleet ship under those conditions. We really got a good look at her personality and why she was the way she was. When her human side was showing, she was a tough match for Seven. Her quick temper got old (though it did seem to stem more from defensiveness or frustration than Kira, who was just naturally more hot-headed). We really got to understand her perhaps better than most characters. It kind of gets overlooked, but while the Doctor & Seven had the most development and growth or exploration, Torres & Paris were behind them on the second place spot.

Anyway, I voted for Seven. Seven obviously has the looks. Initially, back in 1997, even as a teen, re: her arrival I was like "Ok, she looks nice. So what? I can see that in other shows. Is she going to have a good character? Can she actually act?". I erred on the side of Kes at the time and did like what they did with Kes in late Season 3 (of whom we saw very little outside "Before and After" til Species 8472 made her powers flare out of control). Ryan won me over to Seven with her acting. Years ago, I saw some Season 4 episodes again and I had forgotten how vulnerable, insecure she played Seven in some of those episodes. The Borg superiority air from later seasons wasn't there. She comes off as being a cool-headed version of Torres. Extremely knowledgable in her field, using her personality as a defense for her sensitivity (replace anger with Borg aloofness). With Seven, we got an attractive female character with good acting (sorry T'Pol/Blalock) and character development/exploration/striving for humanity perhaps as good as Data's. She did really add to Voyager even if she didn't add to the ratings (yeah, I have all the ratings, did some comparisons. Take out "Scorpion, Part II" & "The Gift" and the big boost in the Fall 1997 episodes' average rating disappears and with/without it, the ratings didn't carry over to the winter & spring blocks of Season 4).

Seska is a younger, Cardassian equivalent of Kai Winn, lacking some of her characteristics, but replacing them with others (Seska is less naive, is a better schemer/planner). Samantha Wildman looked too much like a middle-aged suburban married woman to be considered really attractive (she's certainly not ugly. There's a whole spectrum of beauty).

19. Guy Gardener

She was cut in half.

Half of her then died.

The human half was sill dying because it was built poorly.

They cut her in half a gain and then added a bunch of Klingon meat to her mix and hopped it would take.

What came out the other end was mostly B'Elanna, who never had the spiritual insight to question if she was the real B'Elanna, but lets face facts, her chemical composition was off, and her mind was Tuvixy all over the place and it is not the same woman.

For one, maybe she started plucking them, but her eyebrows got a hell of a lot smaller after that.

Potato, potato.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't B'elanna's ridges also shrink at one point? For good? To make her "prettier"?