Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by tmclough, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And of course Spiner had appeared on television or home video in other roles before Data, notably Fritz in the original cast recording of Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George and the recurring character Bob Wheeler on Night Court. (Wheeler and his family were set up in a semi-regular supporting capacity at the end of Night Court's 1986-7 season, as the new operators of the concession stand in the courthouse cafeteria, but had disappeared without explanation in the '87 season premiere, since Spiner had gotten another job in the interim...)

2. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Not to be self-serving or anything, but you should try picking up the series again. Since you didn't like John's work on the first two, jump ahead to A Time to Sow by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore. Not all writers are created equal, after all, and the assorted duologies are standalone enough that you should be fine picking up what's going on.

Oh, and your two favorte shows are Babylon 5 and the original Star Trek. (Hey, Spock said "Indeed" almost as much as Teal'c! ;) )

3. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw: - as I watched most of TOS in German, I wouldn't know. His usual phrase there was "Faszinierend!" (fascinating) with that raised eyebrow. But you're right, I should add that to my signature. Strange, a few years ago I never would have thought that TOS would one day be my favourite ST-show, and the one show I'd compare other SF-shows to.

Perhaps I'll give ATT another chance - after all, back then I already bought the second duology in anticipation, it's just a question of finding the books amidst the chaos that is my bookshelf...

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Spock's main catchphrase was "Fascinating" in English too, but he did say "Indeed" from time to time. Nowhere near as much as Teal'c, though.

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

6. MajRichter

MajRichter Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Let me throw my 2-cents worth in here as far as book recommendations. I apologize if some (or all) of my picks replicate those of others:

1.) Q-Squared by Peter David
    2.) Dark Mirror by Diane Duane
    3.) The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah
    4.) Black Fire by Jean Lorrah
    5.)Anything in the SCE series
    6.) The Q-Continuum trilogy (Q-Space, Q-Zone, Q-Strike) by Greg Cox
    7.) Vendetta by Peter David
    8.) Ship Of The Line by Diane Carey

Hope that helps!

7. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Black Fire was written by Sonni Cooper.

Most people would NOT recommend Ship of the Line. In fact I believe it's on my people's worst ST books list.

8. BryanSorensen

BryanSorensen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

personal favorites of mine are the A Time to series, Echoes and Refractions, and Kobayashi Maru