Misfits Series 2 (E4)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Is it wrong that I bust out laughing,when probation office 3 bit the dust.:lol:

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Nah, I did too. I love how they just keep offing them so easy.

I think they must have something planned because the writer says he has a way to get them back in the jump suits at the end of the series if they get a 3rd run.

3. Serial thread killer

Maybe they are unable to get a job, so under condems plans they have to ware the suit of shame.:shifty:

4. Bob The Skutter

^Ah, sounds plausible.

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well, I've just blown through the entire first series/first ep of the second in 2 days, and wow. I love this show XD

There may be a trend emerging that all great British dark comedy must involve cornettos :P

6. Bob The Skutter

I've been trying to convert as many new viewers as possible. I think it deserves to be a huge success.

7. Serial thread killer

Trying to get, my brother Jax to watch bit no luck so far.
    But he did not watch inbetweeners till after it finished.

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

In about 45 minutes time I will have done the same thing.

Thanks for starting this thread Bob, i'd never heard of this show before yesterday, it's an absolute gem.

I love the way it subverts everything that is considered decent and normal and replaces it with it's own standards, and it's nice to see people acting like real people for a change. These are the people I recognise. Fuck Heroes. :lol:

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Define "finished"?

because you are absolutely aware that season 3 finished 3 weeks ago.

Of the few times I have tried to sell this to another person, I have found myself saying "fuck Heroes" as much as I say "Fuck Voyager" while selling Stargate Universe.

10. Bob The Skutter

I did start a thread for series one, it got very little interest and since I started to love the show I've made it my mission to get people interested.
    So you're welcome, glad to have brought another person in to the fold.

Series 3 of Inbetweeners was the last series they're making. There will be a move and a couple of specials made but no more series.

11. Serial thread killer

I watched the last EP on e4 when it aired.
    I know their is a film to come, but films from TV shows can be a bit of a let down, But I have my fingers cross they do a decent job.

12. Bob The Skutter

Second episode tonight. I think it's currently the show I'm most excited about.

13. Serial thread killer

I did not enjoy this episode as much has the the first one.
    Wonder if Nathan will be seeing a lot of dead people, because with all the dead probation offices knocking about things could get stressful for him.:lol:

14. Guy Gardener

It's more than possible that he's been seeing dead people all along but he didn't notice since thy look just like regular people... Though what about the probation workers?

He spent a shit load of time around that guy's corpse.

however if the ghost was as crazy as the Probation Worker then he would have wandered off in a rage with out the concious capacity to do any intuitive haunting?

What the fuck was with Curtis' CAPE!!!?

is there a second storm where they get second powers or do they start experimenting with other drugs which alter their powersets in completely different ways?

OH!

Was it the Drug that caused Nathan to see Dead People?

Though story wise it seems to be a permanent upgrade.

15. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Yeah, it was the drug - and I took the fact that his brother and Ice/fire girl dissappearing as the car went by as the drugs wearing off.

Simon wasnt irrestible to everyone at the end, Curtis didnt shoot forward in time and Kelly wasnt spouting her inner thoughts.

Did anyone catch that shot of the misfits hanging/tied up when Curtis went back to the present though? Was a nice tease.

16. Guy Gardener

Caught it, really should have made some screen apctures or slow mowed the bastard.

But the drug had most certainly worn off the next day when he visited his father with his dead brother.

What was the drug?

Designer or something we know?

Cyrtis has figured out a simple cheat to how his power works.

"panic"

He jumps off buildings to go back in time.

Rather than "willing" it to happen because he's on top of his new abilities, he uses the fear of certain death to force his body's automatics to be his bitch.

That's the only reason for the cape.

It looks good flapping about while he's falling.

17. Bob The Skutter

Seeing dead people was the drugs I'd be fairly certain of that.
    I'm thinking Super Hoodie is Nathan some how back from the future when they are superheroes to make sure things go right.
    I do wonder if they're going to get new powers as time goes on or just learn how to use them effectively to be heroes.

As for Curtis using his powers by falling off buildings, wouldn't that be completely useless since he only travels back to the point where he left?

18. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Well Alicia certainly needs a new power. There's next to nothing they can do with it.

The power-flip in this one was great stuff.

19. Bob The Skutter

Do love what Simon says when she touches him though.

20. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Catching up on this one now... What exactly is Kelly's accent, BTW? Does it have a name?

I'll admit it's tough for me to decipher sometime, and this is after 30 years of Doctor Who (where admittedly I learned what a chav was). Is the accent a relatively recent thing in the UK? It seems weird to be speaking in a manner where you seem to NEED to put a lot of effort into speaking that poorly and mangling vowel sounds and inflections so far away from the British norm...

Mark