Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. - New episodes 3/25

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr. Adventure, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know a few of us catch the latest incarnation of the long running cartoon franchise (the last thread went for a few pages anyway). Last time Cartoon Network dumped new episodes at 2PM for a week or two, this time it will be on at 5PM EST for a week. There will be TWO new episodes on Monday but only one on the next four days.

Since they are so odd about their airing schedule I thought I'd give a heads up to any who might need it and a warning to double-check as the day gets nearer that they don't change it at the last minute and even us with DVRs might be challenged to catch 'em.

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Thank you, I really appreciate it. My oldest son loves Mystery Inc and I can set the DVR to record the new episodes for him. I too really like this incarnation of Scooby Doo, while still silly it still has an edge to it.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah cool, love this show.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. It's about time we got some new episodes. :bolian:

5. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure the series is done, given that Derrick's been working as Art Director for Omniverse for a long while now, and I know for a fact that the UK and other markets ran their episodes on a normal schedule.

6. Mr. Adventure

Doesn't surprise me as the airings have been so sporadic and haphazard. But to paraphrase that old NBC ad "If you haven't seen them, they're new to you.". :)

7. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

I wonder if another Scooby-Doo series is in the works.:vulcan:

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I hate my DVR... I was out of town until this evening, I had the machine set to record Mystery Inc. today, and the damn thing didn't do it! And I don't know how long I'll have to wait for On Demand to get the episodes.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

both enjoyable episodes. i liked the X-Files references in the first ep.

10. Mr. Adventure

Kind of strange how realistic they make Nova, she truly seems like an ordinary dog. And then on the other side of the coin, Skull Cattle! That was approaching Powerpuff Girls levels of town destruction.

Looking forward to tomorrow and
    The Hex Girls

11. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

How many of those people died? I mean, this is supposed to be Scooby-Doo.

12. RJDiogenes

^^ In Scooby Doo, everybody flees successfully. :rommie:

I guess I'm not surprised that the show is dead, given the way they treated it. But, yeah, these episodes are new to me, and I'm surprised we got this many.

13. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

AFAIK Cervone and Co are back to making Scooby DTV-shovelware since it ended.

14. Mr. Adventure

Zombie ska, love it. :lol: Gratuitous Martha Quinn. And Amy Acker as Nova? Hope she doesn't end up Illyriafied.

15. Mr. Adventure

Apparently the next new episode is on Tuesday according to a CN ad at the end of the episode and CartoonNetwork.com schedule. This must be yet another last minute schedule change because my DVR and www.zap2it.com and www.tvguide.com show something else at that time so you might want to double-check if you want to catch the next...

16. RJDiogenes

I'm getting a kick out of the Twin Peaks homages. :rommie:

In the latest episode, Fred was strangely ingenious. He not only figured out what was going on in a matter of seconds, but he also came up with a plan to alert Velma pretty quickly. But if his modified mom was wired, then why didn't his doctored dad know when he had escaped from the movie studio and was on the way?

17. Christopher

They even got Michael J. Anderson (the original actor) to do the voice of the Little Man From Another Place!

I like it that they actually provided an explanation for why Scooby can talk and other dogs can't. I have a theory:
    Okay, so talking animals are descendants of these alien/extradimensional entities connected with Nibiru, right? And every one of the recurring four-person mystery teams in the past has had its own animal mascot. I don't think it's been stated, but I'd bet all of those were talking animals, and thus the recurring pattern of mystery teams is somehow linked to the aliens and prophecies. And that's the reason why the same pattern keeps recurring. I bet there's some specific reason why there are always four humans in the group. It's not always two males and two females (the Fraternitas Mysterium was four Franciscan monks), so that can't be part of it.

Yeah, it was impressive how resourceful Fred could be when he had to.

Maybe once he left the studio, they were out of range of the receiver picking up her signal. Or maybe he sent Evil Fred to the factory because he knew signals would be blocked there. I can't think of any other reason to send him to the Disk's actual hiding place. (I was assuming it was just a painted replica Fred had planted -- I was startled when it turned out to be the real thing.)

What bugs me is that Cartoon Network apparently cut out the teaser. The episode began with the main titles and then we joined the story in progress. It was easy enough to follow, but there was a sense that something was missing, and the Scoobypedia entry lists Mayor Nettles's voice actress in the cast when I don't think we saw/heard her in the portion of the episode we saw.

18. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just a head's up, Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is now streaming on Netflix. Season 1 (through episode 26, "All Fear the Freak") can now be streamed if you subscribe to Netflix!

19. Mr. Adventure

Aww, I never watched Twin Peaks, I feel like I'm missing out now....

Well, he was trapped after all. And we know Fred knows traps...

20. Christopher

^Ohh, good one.