teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

I'm curious if you ever watched "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It only ran two seasons, but it was good.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No I haven't. You recommend it do you?

3. teacake

Rite of Passage: Nirrti is my absolute favorite Goa'uld. She's just so in your face :lol: And the constant open mouth sneer.

[​IMG]

Okay the big mystery here is WHAT was Cassandra changing into? Frasier seemed to think she was changing into a dead girl but Cassandra seemed to think she was changing into something new and cool and powerful.

No one asked WHY Cassandra so desperately did not want this transformation to be stopped especially as she obviously felt like crap.

I got the distinct impression that Nirrti thought O'Neill was hot. There is one scene where she looks to him as she makes her mind up and then the end scene when she checks him out as she's about to leave. This is her looking at O'Neill in that scene:

[​IMG]

It's not surprising, he is very hot and I think she would love to just pounce on him. Of course he'd be a husk of his former self when she was finished.

4. gturner

gturner Admiral

I do, but it did get cancelled after season 2 on a cliff-hanger. At times it was tremendous (and other times it wasn't, and occassionally it's a bit cheesy).

By episode 5 you should know if it has you hooked.

5. teacake

Beast of Burden: Damn you Rolling Stones, I've always hated you, I hated you when everyone else loved you and I hate you even more now for your whining dumbass lyrics that I couldn't get out of my head while watching this.

In this episode Claudia is proved to be correct on the matter of O'Neill's Star Wars viewing as just after the opening credits he directly quotes Luke Skywalker with a quote that the general public never picked up on.

I was shocked when Daniel handed the Unas the weapon at the end of this. Does he really think this is going to be some noble freedom fighting endeavor and not result in the slaughter of children? As usual he has let sentiment rule.

And..

O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're friends for life. We still keep them as pets.

6. teacake

The Tomb: I kept waiting for the Russian bird to take off her beret and shake her hair out. Her hair looked to be fashionably short like Carter's (notice I have now gotten used to Carter's hair, though I still preferred Seasons 1-3 variations).

She never did though which is a TERRIBLE WASTE.

[​IMG]

Wow a Goa'uld in octopus bug creature.. that was cool. The Russian/American tensions seemed very old tat, this wasn't the cold war era. Russians were a bit cartoony. Still the beautiful Russian bird might return and that is something to hope for. Good Indianna Jones ep.

7. teacake

Between Two Fires: Wow, a political intrigue with a great surprise towards the end. I gasped when I saw him, LOL. Taneth is excellent, great actor, great presence, just a perfect suave villain.

[​IMG]

And the Tollan are fucked.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Peter Wingfield is the man.

And now I miss Highlander. :(

9. teacake

I have to say there are some GREAT Goa'uld. Wonderful acting, interesting faces. They are very well done villains.

10. teacake

2001: That was a great follow on from 2010 though I now feel sorry for Carter's fella who manages to be a hero in this one after being a weasel in the first. And now he's (presumably) dead :(

Kinsey is an idiot.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

When I watched those two episodes I kept wanting O'Neill to say "gesundheit" every time someone said "Aschen." :p

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    And now I miss Sanctuary :(

:lol: at "Kinsey is an idiot"

13. teacake

OH that's where I've seen him, Sanctuary!

14. gturner

gturner Admiral

The Goa'uld were some of the greatest characters on the show, and I think Atlantis really suffered from not having villains that were as rich, compelling, and just plain screwed up. It's kind of like Batman ridding the world of the Joker, Peguin, Bain, and Riddler, and then just devoting himself to fighting a pernicious and invasive species of crabgrass that's taking over Gotham's lawns. No matter how fancy his Bat Sprayer is or what perils he faces, weeds just can't carry a scene.

15. teacake

I was a big fan of Todd and I think Connor Trineer's character had its moments. But those were the only ones I even remember and I've seen it quite recently. In order to give them distinct personalities they had to set them apart from the species somehow. The Goa'uld however were each quite different.

16. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yes, Todd was the bright spot. :)

Star Trek's Borg episodes usually involved seperating one from the collective just to have a character that was different from the rest of the collective. I guess you could say that aside from Todd, all the Wraith were just red-shirts. Almost any of the Goa'uld, on the other hand (aside from Yu, perhaps), could land their own reality show. :D

17. teacake

This week on Goa'uld Housewives Nirrti breaks a nail.. in a Tok'ra's eye.

18. teacake

Desperate Measures: FANTASTIC. I love all the secret secret service machinations, Q willing to go further than we thought, a Goa'uld in his possession, Maybourne under suspicion. A great set up for lots of interesting stuff I hope.

And the more Maybourne the better.

19. teacake

Wormhole X-treme!: HAHAHAHAHA they were skulking around a Goa'uld ship set :guffaw:

And this beautiful woman, actor Jill Teed, is the Commander on the fourth Blood and Chrome mini ep which I just watched today. She immediately caught my attention there and when I looked her up I was pleased to see she was coming up in this episode. I know she's in another one too.

[​IMG]

20. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Ah, Maybourne and Wormhole X-treme :) Looking forward to getting to that ep eventually. The disappointment of the Wraiths was one of the things that stopped me watching SG:A. I'm not sure I even get to end of first season.