im planning to watch all star trek media chronologically

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by entity, Aug 29, 2015.

1. entity

entity Lieutenant Red Shirt

2. entity

c'mon people!!

3. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

You keep an open mind and don't confuse the timelines. It is fiction after all.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Isn't this thread identical to your other one in GenTrek?

5. entity

this is the old one, also keep an eye out for my review of enterprise season 1 (in the enterprise section of course) coming soon!

6. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

"I wish there was an order 66 for Star Trek reboot haters, (order 1701) that would be so awesome, they would be knocking on hells door."

Wishing for people who loathe a movie you like to be killed is simply wrong.

About watching Trek chronologically, you could of course do that but in my opinion it has no benefit. And if you wanna do it totally rigidly you'd have to switch between TNG and DS9 and later DS9 and VOY episodes.
    My advice, assuming that you have not seen a lot of Trek, is to just watch it casually and if you are into a particular show you might wanna watch it from start to end.

7. iMike

iMike Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't know if there's any benefit to watching to watching in complete chronology. I suppose you could do ENT->TOS->TAS->TNG->DS9->VOY, but if you wanted a completely accurate chronology you'd have to sprinkle the first ten films into the correct order, and you'd have episodes and films overlapping due to DS9's first two seasons overlapping with the last two seasons of TNG, as well as the DS9/VOY overlap.