T.H.U.G.S. Get Your CONNOR Fix Here!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabitrip

Xabitrip Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be interesting to know if Connor is at the "pounding the streets" for auditions stage or whether he is picking the projects he really wants to work on and that is why his appearances are so few and far between. It just seems so strange that he was basically given the Michael role because he wanted it and now we are getting these small, minimal screen time, roles, I worry it is the former. Surely there is a Casting Director out there who can see what Connor brings to his roles, especially when you see some of the awful performances by unknown actors.

At least he's getting time in his favourite role .... being a dad.

Still very frustrated and disillusioned with Coto and Braga (if anyone does bump into them at a Con, please ask them to explain themselves) - although still in hope that maybe they will prove us wrong and will get to see Connor in at least one more episode, I still think its possible - okay so I may be grasping at straws here! [​IMG]

It would be so much easier if news of his projects was more freely available as with other actors - for all we know he could be working on a pilot for his own series right now!!!

2. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Unfortunately he is at that age that casting directors tend to avoid in men or women unless they are very established. It seems like for every actor in the 40's there are 10 in the 20's and 5 in the 30's. In a few years he will move from the "action" parts to the "leader" parts. I guess now is the time to spend with the kit.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

If I do get to see Manny and Brannon, I'll ask what the hell happened. And I have the brass the do it. :devil:

4. Xabitrip

A quick "heads up" for anyone in the UK, Connor's Without A Trace episode (Fade Away) is on Channel 4 at 10.50 on 10th April.

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:devil: Jinx I'd like to hear what kind of answer Manny and Brannon would have about Connor's appearence on 24 too.;)

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Paid a visit to the May schedule on SciFi channel...

still no sign of Connor's movie. :mad: :censored:

7. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

8. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Thanks, frenchman... worked beautifully... I did a bunch of right-click-saves (you're credited in the album title)...

Please, do tell us about the skit he did with Bob Picardo!

9. frenchman

unfortunately, i don't know about the skit. i'm going to search.

10. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

:confused: ... didn't you take the pictures? weren't you there?

11. frenchman

well, no, vancouver is pretty far from my home (i'm in France). i found the pics on a blog where a girl post them. you can even dowload them.

by the way, it seems that there are problems in vancouver creation. some people seems to be disappoined. when they arrived to the autograph session with connor, they could'nt personnalized their papers. connor was hangry.

i admit having not all understand so i let you see the posts here the links :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53624&page=298

12. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Creation is the best and worst of the convention organizers. They do an amazing job of getting stars to appear but they treat the fans and the guests like cattle and they charge a fortune for everything. It's disgusting.

13. frenchman

have you read the post on the gateworld thread? i don't understand, is it connor's fault or is it the organizers?

14. Reanok

Frenchman thank you for posting links to Connor's picture from Creation convention.:bolian: The organizars of Creation con don't want fans to visit with the actors when they sign autographs they try to get the actors to sign autographs as quickly as possible.Because it can take along time to sign pictures.

15. Xabitrip

Thanks for sharing those fabulous pics Frenchman. I popped over to the Gateworld website to have a read. Its such a pity when something like this spoils a convention experience for the fans (and also the actors). The guests' "handlers" can get a bit over-enthusiastic and become rather controlling, I've experienced this at Gatecon conventions in Vancouver in the past. It sounds as though the autographs started quite late in the day, ie 6 pm, for Connor and Teryl Rothery (who is also fantastic at these events), and they were probably trying to push everyone through quickly so they could be finished in time for one of the events that evening. Sometimes the actors do like to take their time (after all, they realise the fans have often come a long way and paid a lot of money just to see them) which does slow things down. I notice someone said Connor mentioned he'd been told he was going to slow or something like that. As Connor is probably one of the more popular guests at events like this (as is Teryl) why the heck do they schedule them so late in the day. I know many fans are probably very disappointed at not getting personalised items from Connor and who can blame them but I also hope this hasn't upset Connor too much as he seems to really appreciate his fans and I am sure he wasn't happy at the situation (apparently he was quite vocal - I get the impression he doesn't suffer fools gladly:)). Just hope it doesn't put him off attending Conventions in the future.

And Frenchman if you find any convention reports from attendees, please share - I'm sure we'd all love to know what the sketch was and also if he was on a Q&A!:)

16. frenchman

aaah, ok, thanks!!!

pffff, i admit i was a little worried about that.

17. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

That is another problem... they have so many stars it's almost impossible to draw up a sane schedule... at Vegas last summer, Michael Dorn's autographing session began after the convention had ended and his tickets were the only ones that SOLD OUT! :rolleyes:

18. frenchman

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  19. Xabitrip

Thanks for the links Frenchman. Interesting to hear that Connor has been working on recording audio books, especially one written by Lance Armstrong. Wonder what other books he's recorded. We just need him to get some screen time now, but he's working so thats good.

20. Reanok

Thanks for the update. It's nice to know his movie will be coming out on the sci-fi channel in afew months. And the other projects he's working on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.