Harrison in the Prime Universe

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Procutus, Jan 5, 2013.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Supposedly, concept designs of the gattling gun Harrison is seen wielding in the trailer as he fights Klingons refers to it as "April's Gun" beginning a theory that John Harrison is an alias for Robert April. But of course, according to half of fandom, the character has to be Khan, so now we believe it's an alias of Khan. Or Gary Mitchell. "April's Gun" is now believed to mean "gun designed in the month of April."

Yes, Abrams or Orci or one of those dicks confirmed Cumberbatch is playing a "canon character." Of course since there is a Harrison in TOS that doesn't really clarify anything.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"John Harrison" is a rather common name, so it's likely that it's a pseudonym. Especially since, yeah, Cumby's supposedly playing a canon character with some degree of importance, and any Harrison who appeared in TOS is hardly important.

3. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe he's Joachim.

4. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Isn't there still some debate as to whether or not Orci was fibbing when he made the comments about one character being canon and one not?

Wouldn't Carol Marcus be the one that is canon?

5. J.grey

J.grey Ensign Newbie

Ok, if we're open to the possibility of time travel featuring in this story line too then I have a theory who it might be. Assuming they weren't lying and it is a character from canon then I would like to draw your attention to a very odd choice of characters who is definitely being included, Carol Marcus. She's being shown at an early age, presumably to have the relationship with Kirk that is mentioned in ST2. Now who in that film might have a genuine bone to pick with Starfleet? Not Khan, he was obsessed with Kirk... against all reason really. What kind of makes sense is that John Harrison is from the future and is actually David, Kirk's own son. We're meant to have a movie showing Kirk leading his crew into danger and lacking humility which fits nicely. David could easily blame Starfleet for what happened in ST2, and did so in the film. He could easily replicate the augmentation that Khan had and Genesis research could also offer a way to travel back in time, possibly even rejuvenate his cells in a manner of his choosing, maybe allowing for enhanced abilities. Maybe his intention is to prevent the disaster of the Genesis technology falling into Klingon hands as it nearly did in ST3 which could have had massive repercussions. If he's dealing with Kirk, and the fact that he is means he clearly wanted to for some reason, then a false name would be essential to the plot... Well the theory fits all the facts we know... I guess we'll find out soon enough. Anyone else think it's going to be a huge disappointment?

6. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Interesting thoughts, everyone. I vaguely remember that comment about there being a canon character, and the Carol Marcus theory seems likely to me.

Personally, I don't even care anymore whether Cumby turns out to be Khan (which I don't think is gonna happen, btw), because he rules, and whatever - whoever - his character turns out to be, he'll do a fantabulous job.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know what interview you're referring to. The interview I was referring to clearly stated both Cumberbatch and Alice Eve were playing canon characters.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps he is Flint. Or Harry Mudd.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He's Janice Lester in someone else's body.

10. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I'd watch that.