Here it is! (The Teaser from Cloverfield)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Opus, Jan 18, 2008.

1. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Re: Here it is!

Just got back from seeing Cloverfield and the teaser for Trek. The teaser looked and sounded very cool on the big screen. You could make out very clearly at the end that it was the Constitution class Enterprise 1701. There is a transporter sound effect from TMP (I think) at the end as the "Under Construction" or "Christmas 2008" comes on screen. Between that and Nimoy's "Space, the Final Frontier" it was great. Cloverfield made me nausious but was a good movie.

2. Holytomato

Holytomato Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My wife's sister saw it. :sob: She said Nimoy sounds more like John Houston everyday. She also said you can see inside the bridge module. :drool:

I'm surprised they kept the TOS font instead of changing it to the TMP font. Damn, Gabe was correct, it looks better. :thumbsup:

3. steveman

steveman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah. My eyes welled-up a little bit. :D

I don't know about anybody else, but I gave it a bit of applause at the end. Just felt like the right thing to do.

4. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm off to see it in the theater right now.

I plan to yell, "FUCK YEAH!" at the end of the trailer.

And if no one else yells with me, I'll holler "Y'ALL ARE PUSSIES!"

5. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome. How long has it been since Nemesis?

6. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When Nemesis came out, I posted here as Kegg.

Or in context you all might know: The year of The Two Towers, Attack of the Clones, and most importantly, Chicago: 2002.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fuck, dude, I specifically didn't mention the average age of the audience - and yep, mainly a bunch of truants from Leisure World.

You're scary sometimes. Thank god you're usually clueless.

8. NiteTrek

NiteTrek Captain

For a teaser, that absolutely blows.

9. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Lieutenant Red Shirt

No you do.

10. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Nuh uh. You are!

11. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Got a reaction at the theatre where I was at. A lot went "Oh, it's..." when Nimoy started talking. The group of teens that were behind me and my sister sounded interested in it, so I think its appeal worked well. :)

Loved the movie too. Left me feeling a bit depressed though. :(

12. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, I think we'll be treated to a new ship. Or do yu think it'll be the Connie Enterprise?

13. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At my theater they previewed 10,000 BC INSTEAD if the Star Trek teaser. I usually never swear on this board but those :censored:

14. blueskin

blueskin Ensign Red Shirt

I plan to see it later in the week, the youtube looks good to me . But my 17 year old son saw it tonite, Full theater, He said everyone was yeah yeah, Then when they know it was Star Trek, The whole theater said NO not again.

15. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

My wife and I saw both the teaser and Cloverfield after lunch today... we enjoyed both.

My guess would be that nothing we saw in the Trek teaser will end up in the final movie though. What was there was totally a set up for the "under construction" tag line. While that may be close to what the final version of the Enterprise may end up looking like, there really shouldn't be any need for construction of that type on the Enterprise. She should just be getting handed off from Pike to Kirk.

If anything, I would bet that they still haven't finalized what the Enterprise will look like for this movie... in other words, it is still under construction.

So yeah, I like the teaser... it was very dramatic and all, but I doubt that we really learned anything more than what we had known before it's release.

16. CaptainDonovin

^ True but for those who weren't expecting it (non Trek people) it would have made them take notice. Weather they stayed interested after hearing Nimoy is another story. This could create a great buzz for this.

Where in the Cities did you see it, btw? White Bear is who hosed me.

17. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Southdale... It is only a couple miles from home (too cold to go much further... I'm a wimpy Californian :eek: ).

Jokingly, my wife asked if we could go home after the teaser finished. :D

18. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. That gave me geeky goosebumps. That's probably the best Trek film teaser ever.

19. CaptainDonovin

^ You say that (about your wife's joke) and I have to laugh because if someone had gone JUST to see the trailer and didn't get it would they have been pissed.

As for your first comment, I'm from MI and have lived here 10 years and it's too friggin' cold for me. A -20 wind chill does not make me want to go out like a nice mild 85 does.

20. CaptainDonovin

Best one in a while anyway. I remember the one for Firs Contact (can't remember if it was a teaser or full on trailer) that had clips of Generations, and Voyager on it.