The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And after the battle is done he will walk over our cold, velour-covered corpses.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I always wanted IDW to do comic adaptations of the two Abrams films with the look of TOS. I'd personally buy them!

3. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

After what I've done with my TOS inspired Into Darkness images, I do want to try doing the Reboot space scenes in a TOS style. I wonder what a TOS Narada would look like. :vulcan:

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the Narada was from the Prime TNG era. But I get what you're saying.

5. cooleddie74

Yeah, the Narada comes from that very history and timeline but I could see perhaps more of a Doomsday Machine-like design to the giant ship if the film had been made to replicate the visual style and sensibilties of TOS. The Narada has a very Borg-like look to it, especially if you personally consider the Countdown comics from 2009 to be canon and official (they established that Nero and his crew adapted Borg technology to mutate their fairly standard Romulan mining ship and make it grow to a colossal size and power before they were all sucked back in time and changed history) but a Narada with a late '60s aesthetic might have more of Fesarius or Planet Killer feel to its design.

6. CaptainMurdock

I once had this old Nerf gun back in the 90's that sort of looked like the Narada. I'm sure with some paint and modifications, I could make it look like a 60's version of the Narada. It's pretty much a bunch of knives anyway. :rommie:

7. cooleddie74

Considering what the actual TOS prop department acquired and used to create weapons, tools and other devices a Nerf gun might actually be a step up in some regards. ;)

8. CaptainMurdock

When I get the time, I'll start a Thread showing off my film props made from scratch. :)

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just ordered an Inhumans figure set. I really only wanted Black Bolt and Medusa, but on ebay they go for around $25-$40 separately. So for $25 I'll just have to deal with the extra figure. :p

10. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Karnak is probably the best one in the box. You can make Smart Alec from Omega Flight, or the Wingless Wizard...
    [​IMG]
    or put the head on Puck and make the Gremlin from Hulk.

CCC.

11. Kira's Mom

Nah, I won't break him up. :lol: I just wish there was a Crystal figure, too. :(

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice picture! It turned out really well :).

13. cooleddie74

His pictures are always a lot of fun to look at. He's pretty creative with those ships and Photoshopping.

14. Kira's Mom

First it was X-Men, now the Shelf Avengers are being invaded by the Inhumans! Black Bolt, Medusa, and Karnak have arrived.

[​IMG]

Oops.

[​IMG]

Getting to know their new companions. Karnak has already beaten up Hawkeye. He'll take on the Hulk later.

[​IMG]

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Haha. You're just lucky Black Bolt didn't take out your entire shelf with that.

16. cooleddie74

And another classic KM photo set makes this thread the go-to place on the board. :)

17. Kira's Mom

Yeah, any louder and he could have destroyed my computer. :lol:

18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, with a head shaped like that... those colours really shouldn't be used.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. cooleddie74

Saw that posted on Facebook earlier today. I don't collect any of the modern MOTU figures or merchandise but it's always a big shakeup when the person who helped bring the toys you love and collect to the market decides to quit or retire. Most of the people who launched the modern Star Wars license over at Hasbro are probably gone, which would explain the lack of focus and the subpar, recycled product ideas coming out of the company during the past couple of years.

Most of the new suits running the license just don't "get" what the product is supposed to be about, or at least not to the extent that their predecessors did.