Palin steps down as governor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by miraclefan, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Oh come on.

Who's scared of the dim wit from Alaska?

Sarah Palin's a falin and she's a balin.

Nobody's scared of the racist little bitch.

However the Alaskan legislature has had a gutful of her and her refusal to release government e-mails that she stored on a non-government server.

That have also been more findings against on ethical grounds.

It really seems like she's going to down and down badly and she's getting out before the shit hits the fan.

In the mean time it will be fun to watch the rancid right try and justify her actions again showing how powerful self delusion can be but the unavoidable fact is that it's delusion.

Palin was a bad choice, she will remain a bad choice and she will never amount of thing that footnote in history no matter how certain elements on the right try to make her out to be the second coming of Christ.

And until the GOP jetisons those morons and the fundemenatlist base it's going to be on a slide to oblivion.

2. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

http://politicpic.com/pic-39-Barack-Obamas-family-at-the-DNC

As I said, no more than Obama did. Politicians do that all the time so we can meet the family.

Barely a handful of times that I remember. Which he did get some scrutiny. Tried to make something out of the secessionists. Guess some Texans just opened themselves up for that also.

I wonder if the bogeyman checks under his bed for Palin.

3. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

So, in your world...if we think something is stupid we're afraid of it?

4. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Bristol gave an interview to People magazine. She worked for The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. She is a "Teen Abstinence Advisor" for the Candie's Foundation, where some of her duties are to attend town halls and give on air interviews. How does this compare to Sascha and Malia?

5. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

It doesn't compare. That's the thing.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Palin had been a Democrat governor/former VP candidate. I bet her kids wouldn't have been "off limits" then.

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Palin accepted the nomination knowing Bristol was pregnant. She CHOSE to expose her daughter to national scrutiny.

7. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

A few scenarios:

1. Something BIG is about to be released (yet again) about her and she's resigning before it happens.

2. She's going to run, forgetting that she single-handedly blew McCain's chance at winning.

3. Quitting is part of some deal or negotiation she's made for whatever reason.

I DO think she'd make an excellent bobblehead doll.

--Ted

8. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

You're either kidding or you have selective amnesia. People on the right took some pretty nasty shots at Chelsea Clinton... I remember people describing her looks with the word "dog". (Perhaps not during the primaries, but certainly after Bill Clinton was elected.)

9. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

The Obamas showed off his kids, then kept them back. He still doesn't let their pictures be taken consistently.
    Palin had Bristol do interviews, join campaigns and speeches.

That was bloggers and rumourmongers that made the news. Just like that Hillary supporter who thought he had to personally see Obama's birth certificate, or the many blogs and rumours Fox threw in their scrawl.

Bristol and Levi did interviews during the race.

So much for 'family off limits', eh?

A lot of people I know think we dodged a bullet back in November, especially after the events of the past few weeks, so in that aspect, yeah, there was some fear. But we're talking about the same kind of fear you'd get if you realized you were in a taxi driven by a suicidal blind llama.

10. Marc

in otherwords they weren't scared because Palin was some uber candidate - they were scared because the danger was the incompetent fool was a heart beat away from the most powerful political job in the world.

Bailing Palin as a candiate - laughing matter.

Bailin Palin as a VP - scarey shit because people like her should never hold true power.

11. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that, Bailin' Palin. It rhymes and it's also truthful. She can make up any excuse she wants but we all know she couldn't cut it and is bailing out rather than facing the consequences. Imagine if the Reps won, McCain died and she couldn't cut it. We'd have a weak and ineffective President who would run at the first crisis or excessive name calling by the "hurtful liberal media."

12. Marc

if she didn't have chance to choose a VP you'd have something almost as bad (albeit in a different way) - Nancy Pelosi as house Majority leader would step up to the plate.

13. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Truth, my friend? She "bailed" because she was all too aware that her enemies would spare no expense to destroy her so long as she remained in office. She "bailed" because her legal defense cost the taxpayers money. She "bailed"...because her honor demands that she not allow the taxpayers to be so gouged like this again.

She knew that the left would continue to file "ethics complaints" so long as she remained in office. She knew that this vile injust was only made possible by the sanction of the victim--her.

Thus, she withdrew her sanction. In two words...Atlas Shrugged.

Would we? Then you have nothing to fear, do you?

Supposing Sarah would be such a humiliation to herself, and the nation. That would effectively destroy the conservative movement--and consequently, the Republican Party. It's a win-win situation--

Unless...she's not the idiot you so eagerly brand her as....

Could it be...that the REASON you all try to smear her so much...is because she is a THREAT? You saw the size of the crowds that she drew--Ol' Barry never had it so lucky.

Had it not been for Palin, Obama WOULD have gotten his landslide. He did not...because of the crowds she drew.

Hey...BTW...I was under the impression that politicical matters were...discouraged on the Misc. Section of the BBS. (See guidelines)

I'm astonished this thread has lasted for this long before being pulled off by the moderators. Hmm....

14. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Wait, what?

[​IMG]

I don't know, 356 vs 182 electoral votes was kinda staggering, don't you think?

In addition to McCain/Palin losing every swing state.

15. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry, what election were you watching?

That's not true. McCain won Missouri by 0.01%. ;)

16. Marc

Didn't he also make some pretty strong headway in some the Red States i.e even those states where McCain picked up the increase in vote for the Dem candidate that weren't exactly small with some areas in terms of the Presidential election turning purple if not blue.

But it's real fun to watch posters try and bring an argument out here where they've got mod protection after utterly failing to make them case in TNZ and gotten ripped a new cornshut in the process.

17. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

You mean like Utah going from the Number 1 red state to the Number 3 red state?

Or how Texas, TEXAS of all places, started to veer away from being a Republican stronghold?

(To those unfamiliar with Utah and Texas, those are both huge deals)

18. Marc

Exactly which negates any claims about how much influe bailin palin in preventing a bigger Obama victory.

But then I guess they want to admit that she played a big role in ensuring McCain didn't get within light years of Obama.

19. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Unless, you know, you like the USA enough to not want the country to go down in a giant ball of fire.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Read more closely. Political discussions are once again allowed in Misc on the condition that everybody behaves.

The topic of TNZ, however, is off limits. It's not to be brought up in these discussions at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.