Starship Enterprise "Broken Bow" (Alternate version)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by The Badger, Apr 27, 2009.

1. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you, all of you, for your kind words. It's no exaggeration to say that I'd have given up long ago if it weren't for your support. Whilst I have enjoyed writing it tremendously, it's also been a bit of an effort. Knowing that there were people who actually wanted to read it sure helped motivate me!

Avenger, the Star Fleet emblem has always been referred to as an arrowhead, and indeed that's how I've always thought of it. A few months ago there was a power cut and I had a few candles lit. Being unable to actually write anything I was thinking the story through, looking at the flame....and suddenly thinking 'hang on, that looks a bit like...'. And so the idea grew from there.

BooThePun, I've always admitted that Polly was a Mary Sue. It seemed foolish to deny it!:lol: My original intention was to establish her eccentricities at the start, and then not mention them again except when necessary. But the character seemed quite popular with some readers (I'll mention no names...) and to my surprise I found myself escalating the oddities. As you say, she's not entirely believable. But I hope she's interesting and entertaining.

As an aside, I've said how this 'Broken Bow' was intended to be the equivalent of a pilot episode. I've also got, in general terms, the story arcs planned out. Would you be interested in these? Naturally they'd be a bit spoilery, but as there's no chance of me writing every episode of a seven year long 'series', they might be the only way for you to see the future of Starship Enterprise.

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Write up your arc-but don't post it. Instead, write what you can and when you reach a point where you can't write anymore in the series, then post it.

3. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My apologies for not continuing this recently. As it happens I had written up the first two chapters of a sequal (well, a prologue scene and a first proper chapter). Unfortunately my computer went completely kaput. I lost everything, the original draft of 'Broken Bow', and all I had written so far of the second story. :(

Oh well, pick up the pieces, start again...it'll take a little while, but it's on it's way.

Coming (fairly) soon, 'Starship Enterprise-Strange New World.'