(Idea) Interprise goes Andromeda!

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Brainsucker, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Ok, the story is still about USS Enterprise and their crew. The different is that the size of the Star Ship and the galaxy. Now, our heroes will explore a really-really unknown, a place where no men has gone before. A virgin territory that even considered by Vulcan, Borg, and Dominion as... outside / untouched worlds.

So, because it is in Andromeda, they won't find Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, etc anymore. Well, beside the crews of course. In here, our heroes will find a really-really new species. But no one know what they are. Maybe... a horny octopus with 8 tentacles that aim Fishermen's wife? or... ok, ok, let our heroes find them themselves.

The story is about our main hero. Admiral Roberto Picard. Well, he is the descendant of captain Jeanluc Picard. Buuuut, not a legitimated one. The reason why his grand father born was... well, it was a secret actually. the old Picard went to a sperm bank and donor his future, and a single white female came and took it, had a cute baby that later became this admiral great great Grandpa born.

Because Andromeda is far, Federation needs bigger Starship, with better utility, more advanced, self sufficient Starship. Thus, the first Andromeda... ehem ehmm... Enterprise G Class born.

This is not a mere Exploration Starship. We can call this G as a moveable Starbase. Because Enterprise is actually bigger than the old DS9 that has been scraped several years ago.

With it's small shipyard deck, Enterprise can repair another Starships. it can even build a small starship like the old Roundabout or Defiant class easily. But... because it is big and bulky, don't bring it to the battlefield, or you will sorry because of that.

Well, actually it is not an Enterprise, but... because of admiral's fetish and ego, it is called Enterprise G (F was a failure actually, because lead by an idiot, so Starfleet Directors planned to not named their ships with Enterprise anymore).

So now, our admiral lead a massive fleet to explore a new world, Andromeda Galaxy. Below his rank, comes many brilliant Federation Captains. One of them is Captain Philip Kirk. He is... you know, James T Kirk's Illegitimate son. Well, the legendary captain was thrown into 25th century for a brief of time, spread his sperm to some girls and back to his own era again. Thus, Philip was born.

This Philip is... actually not a womanizer like his father. He loves only one woman and plan to merry her. But He just had a broken heart. His GF is actually his lost step sister with the same father. So because he couldn't marry her, Philip is broken heart and want to forget their beautiful moment by join the expedition fleet. He hopes that by going to andromeda he would find a new GF. Who? Dunno. Maybe an Octopus with 8 tentacles? I don't know. But, this captain lead the best small Starship belong to Federation. It is the descendant of Defiant Class Starship. A true warship of Federation. But because of it's compact and small feature, this warship couldn't travel too far to the galaxy. Philip previously call it USS James T. Kirk; but after found that his GF actually is his sister, he changed his ship's name.

Now, what will our heroes find in this vast new galaxy? A Klingon? Romulan? Borg? Ferengi? NOOOO! What they find is worst that they imagined. But... well, I don't know what they are. So let Picard and Kirk find these adversary themselves

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Miight they not come across the Kelvan Empire, which is/was somewhat aggressive.

3. Brainsucker

what is Kelvan Empire? So actually Andromeda Galaxy is already explored by Star Trek Universe?

4. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, and there were no octopi.

5. Brainsucker

that bad then.

6. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Sounds like a good idea. In Star Trek Voyager, the crew was messing around with slipstream drive and the Borg and Voth did have transwarp technology. A new Star Trek Series about a new galaxy to explore with new technologies sounds interesting.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

the TOS episode "By Any Other Name" deals with the Kelvan's and mentions certain details pertaining to the Andromeda Galaxy.

8. Brainsucker

Then it bad. Because what we need is a fresh galaxy, so the story can goes to anywhere without any restriction.

9. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't like the idea of the giant starstationship. Its either a ship or a station, both is just overkill IMHO. I could understand a station being constructed as a supply base, repair yard, command outpost and launching platform for missions in the region.

Or have a brand new 'Gargantuan'-Class ship leading the charge into the new galaxy, with a couple thousand crew onboard to handle all matters of security, research, diplomacy, etc, whilst also commanding the fleet.

If Trek does jump off into the future for the next series I would hope they avoid the "I'm the great-great-great-great-grandniece of James Kirk" or "I'm the illegitimate great-great-grandson of Deanna Troi", a new Trek series should be a new Trek series.

10. Brainsucker

The bold : Yes, it is. The Enterprise won't be a combat starship. it will be the flagship of a fleet. Just like carrier in a US Carrier task Force. So, it won't have massive weaponry like the previous Enterprise; the purpose is only for support / command centre for the expedition.

Well, for the great, great, great, great grandniece, I like it, as long as it goes in a funny way.

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems a little impractical to have it minimally armed, unless she were to always have several guardships permanently assigned to her.

I would think that all Starfleet ships would need a decent level of tactical systems for defence (just look at the number of phaser arrays a Nova-Class has).

12. Brainsucker

Well, yes. Why not put several guardships around her, just like several Destroyers that guard a US Aircraft carrier?

It is an expedition to a far-far away galaxy; Far from even the nearest Federation Outpost in Milky Way Galaxy. So basically it should be self sufficient. And what kind of starship that can handle everything? Forget Voyager. We are not creating Voyager's clone.

So the Enterprise would be a kind of mothership. the central command for all Federation activity in this new galaxy. It is not a colony ship of course, but it has a lot of system that can handle the need of long time mission. The idea is that the fleet capable to harvest dillitium crystal / other important mineral themselves. For combat department, we have already have other smaller starships. Like the one that I have mentioned in my idea.

In this idea, Enterprise would act as semi starbase; while the smaller starships will do exploring. The setting will be inside the Enterprise, in the smaller exploration starship, and maybe in a mining ship.

13. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I wouldn't let one TOS episode, with minimal information about Andromeda, put you off using it in the story.

Though there are smaller galaxies that are closer to us than Andromeda.

14. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

There is a similar series in development with the guy who played Icheb.

15. Brainsucker

what series is it?

16. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

17. Brainsucker

Well, the Odyssey is about one man two galaxy; while this idea is about one fleet and two galaxy.

18. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

I like the scale of Star Trek just fine, having them wiz past galaxies instead of stars doesn't do anything for me.

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Pardon my saying so, but our galaxy has like 400 BILLION stars in it, and there's so much there that no Trek show has ever touched. Most of it is Terra Incognita, so why send a mission millions of lightyears when you haven't really even finished exploring your own neighborhood?

20. Brainsucker

yes, you're right. Our galaxy has a lot (maybe 400 billion stars?) and we haven't seen them in the Trek Movie. But why should we?

What we know about the milky way galaxy in Star Trek?

Alpha Quadrant = Xindi? Federation? Cardassian?
    Beta Quadrant = Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan, etc
    Gamma Quadrant = Dominion
    Delta Quadrant = Borg

So let see, there are still plenty stars in there, but that is not relevant for a new series. Why? Because we'll find the same things that we found in the previous Star Trek. It will become the same Star Trek with different Crew and ships.

Plus, we talk about "Trek" here, and "boldly gone where no man has gone before". if we talk about the story of Federation, Galaxy war / politic, then it's fine to go around the Milky Way again. Because Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassia, Dominion, Borg, etc are still relevant. But, it is not about "boldly gone where no man has gone before".

But what about if we talking about a new galaxy? Well, it will become a different challenge that can tickle our curiosity. What races we will find there? What civilization? What threat? What kind of Starship that can travel across two galaxies? What kind of crews who willing to leave the safety of the known space we called Milky Way? And what kind of Space that they will find in the other Galaxy?

Everything can be new again. Fresh and empty. The creators can fill it with everything they want; even without reconsidering the previous Star Trek canon.

Plus, the usual warp drive won't do the job. The usual Star Trek technology that we know will not relevant anymore in here. The distant between galaxy, the empty space that they must cross, the new galaxy that 100% different than Milky Way Galaxy..., everything. They give us a great deal of new idea of science fiction (Science Fiction that relevant to us, the 21th century People not the science fiction that has already out of date)

And, by making it different (an expedition of several ships with one is super big / giant ship), we negate the feel of loneliness for the Ship and her crews, without negating the challenge for being far from home.

But well, if you still want the same TNG with different crews and ships, I don't know what to say