Official Terminator Season Two Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So if the Turk isn't Skynet, and I do mean "if", could it also be another living being?

Y'know... When they say that john Built her, they might just mean the flesh. The rest of the parts for her would have had to have come from one of the terminator factories if not they caught it running free, no matter how she was programmed or reprogrammed and rereprogramed and defulted.

2. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, but the Connor/Cameron relationship is of a different flavor. The writers had been careful throughout Season 1 to imply tenderness without some sort of necessary romantic component. They've built up the contrasts between the two characters as a central part of the show, so again I don't see them undermining this by making Cameron permanently bad. Hopefully her chip's "physical damage" will be fixed by the end of the premiere. Evidently, John gets close enough to her to figure this out.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'm not looking at this thread :o

Ok, I am

4. Guy Gardener

Think Chloe Sullivan. Even if she's not capable of love and her mission is just to seduce him for one reason or another, possibly because some significant girlfriend in the past is going to do something bad or something bad is going to happen to her and Cameron is supposed to be a prophylactic... the third wheel can sometimes make inroads as a pitch hitter...

(I know nothing about baseball, but I think I'm paraphrasing something Samantha Jones said about threesomes in Sex and the City.)

Consider River Song or the unnamed Girlfriend of Tommy Lee Jones from men in black?

"it's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all."

"Yeah. Try it."

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Commodore Commodore

No! Chocolate pudding!! Chocolate pudding!!! :lol:

6. Guy Gardener

the thing i find off about the Turk is that it already seems to be alive, and from the previous descriptins about Skynet is that it didn't become alive until after it had been plugged into the missiles and bollocks...

Do you think "Turk" means Anrgy Child, or Militant Warlord Empire trying to rule the world for the most of last the last millennium?

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Not entirely accurate. In several depictions Skynet achieves sentience prior to being given control of the military systems. Best example: Terminator 3.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

New addition:

- There will be several stand alone episodes this season despite it's short run order (only 13 episodes this season).

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Another bit (though this is more T4 spoiler)

Terminator Salvations new T-600 Endoskeleton has been premiered:
    [​IMG]

Interestingly they didn't go with the SCC design. No news if the future war based episode this season (there is one planned) will include this design.

10. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a series of videos on YouTube on the TSCC panel at SDCC.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Unfortunately the sound it horrible. But that isn't their fault. That happens with most recorded conferences.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The official view of Terminator Salvation and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

• Speaking about potential overlap with The Sarah Connor Chronicles, McG chatted with the show's creator, Josh Friedman, but set out on his own path for the movie — so don't expect any Thomas Dekker cameos.

Also, in the new promo for TSCC you see a closeup of John as he's running from Cameron. His shirt is very bloody.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have to add this in (Cameron based)

Episode 4 of this season will explain the origins of Cameron and will be another Future War episode.

In addition to BAG Garret Dillahunt has been promoted to series regular.

14. Guy Gardener

I'd like to see him really the the shit kicked out of him week after week. Pile on the damage.

Lose a leg.

"That hopping metal bastard is unstoppable."

Any word on perfecting a thermite weapon?

Because even if their delivery system is a bucket and a match, the process works.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ You never know it may be a possibility. I wonder what he'd replace it with... it's not like he could go down to the nearby Terminator factory and build a new one.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Some ComicCon Spoilers:

A Main Character will be killed this season.

17. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spoil me. Who do you think it would be?

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

From what they said one of the main characters would be killed. Their actor was present at comic con and was on the panel. The following people were at Comic Con representing Sarah Connor (Josh Friedman also said that he hadn't even informed the actor which of them was to be killed off).
    • Thomas Dekker
    • Summer Glau
    • Lena Headey
    • Garret Dillahunt
    • Brian Austin Green
    • Richard T. Jones
    • Shirley Manson
    Dekker - um no. Glau - unlikely as she's one of the most popular characters. Headey - It's named after her character (but she was visably shaken by the announcement) but I'd still say no. Garret Dillahunt - Possibly despite being promoted to regular. BAG - Highly likely despite being a fan favorite (number 2 on my list for the shock value). Richard T. Jones - My prediction as there is no other continuity Agent Ellison. Shirley Manson - Possible I'd say she's number 3.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Season Two Poster

[​IMG]

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm going with you, and saying
    I think the death will be Ellison he really seems to be the most disposible character IMO. Although I guess they could kill Cromatie and bring in a new antagonist.