Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Looks awesome! :)

2. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I think there are lessons to be learned from the trailers for ST09 and STID. Whether you loved or hated the movies, they had good trailers. One of the reasons was that they had quotable lines. Things like "Is there anything you would not do for your family?" or "I dare you to do better.". There's nothing like that here and so it isn't as memorable. Now, I'm not going to prejudge the film itself because trailers can create false impressions. But I think it is important to actually give people a sense of what the film is about.

3. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the look of the new teaser, but as a teaser I think the first one is much better. It´s just talking people again as far as I can see and I still have no clue what´s it about. The new "enemy" is not very frightening at all, mostly because of his limited ability to speak - you should consider looping the audio on this one. The "scream" scene feels rather amateurish, probably also due to the less than perfect audio.

I´d love to have seen some location - planetary or bridges scenes - or even some starships. It is set in space, isn´t it?

So, all in all - a good base, but lots of room for improvement.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

This is just basically using the raw footage from the shoot. The footage will be enhanced, and of course, ADR'd for the audio. The purpose of this teaser was to give a quick glimpse of the film. The title shapes and the transformer logo will not be in the film this was just something our DP threw in there.

5. wjaspers

wjaspers Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Half of the trailer is a woman writing on a wall, I do not understand how this can give us a quick glimpse of the film?

Think the first trailer was better.

6. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am loving this. I wish The CW would look at this. Want ST on TV again. :bolian:

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the opening, with the woman writing on the blackboard, but then it kinda becomes a jumble - and four viewings later I still can't make out what Big Blue is saying. It looks to be more the story of Khan's great-great-great (repeat to fade) granddaughter rather than the Voyager reunion I was really hoping for. The idea of new planet popping up out of thin air is pretty neat, tho.

8. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Is Garrett Wang still in it, and is the Doctor playing the Doctor?

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Picardo is playing Dr. Zimmerman.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Taken bit for bit, it looks good, it sounds good, but the editing makes it feel weird.

11. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

And when will it get released by 2020 or something....

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

More bickering, shooting and fighting... not interested.

13. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I wrote to Jay about doing a Kirk Trailer III and he said that he will consider it when a director is named for the next Trek movie but it took a lot of cgi work and such it may not be feasible. I'd love to see a full length movie based on this trailer.

14. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I believe the more donations they get the better quality of props, uniforms, effects, etc. will be.

15. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

WHAT?! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE?! HALLEUJAH!

lol the Bring Back Kirk trailer was ahead of it's time, in 2004 the CGI was very rare - now every week something spectacular hits YouTube like a runaway train, like a minisode of The Eleventh Doctor and Sherlock meeting and the Justice League coming together PROPERLY showing Tom Welling as Superman. I wondered recently 'what if it was remade with today's technology'. The fact Jay said he'd consider it is music to my ears.

As for a full length film, yeah that would be great - the cast of Phase II on 24th Century sets (mind you characters would need to look like the older versions)?? - as you can see by my profile picture the idea is my OBSESSION

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=92425

It would be a new chapter for Kirk and friends and I'm sure continuity can be reshaped (ignore the COUNTDOWN comics) what says it didn't happen?! It could be a fulllength fanedit based on the trailer but I guess the TOS crew would have to be back in the monster maroons then otherwise its tonnes of SFX. I like the idea of the McCoy EMH.

To get back on topic and not into trouble Admiral Chekov could feature? We've also got new footage of Ambassador Spock - I've never spoken to Jay but I'd be happy to help with new story ideas.

16. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Christ on a pogo stick, NO.

That trailer was fine for it's time. The "ingenuity" of it on a low-rent, low-budget scale was neat to behold in 2004 but it was also the most fan-wanky-est and every-thing-in-the-kitchen-sink kind of video that has come to define bad fan fiction and fan films.

In short, give me less crossovers, pew pew pew space battles and more characterization and decent story, thank you.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the BBK trailer was intended as an over-the-top parody, crossing everything over and having Kirk save the day?

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The BBK trailer... It was 'fun'.. LOL

19. curtiskoeppel

curtiskoeppel Ensign Newbie

I have read in various places that there is no way CBS is going to pick up Renegades in any form, be it TV or web series, so why can't it keep going like all the other fan funded shows, why stop at just the pilot if CBS says no, like I have heard they are going to

20. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, if they are not interested, then it get released a film. so its win/win for the fans in either case.