Young Picard concept.

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by TerraNovan, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

An airplane would have seemed like magic to humans for most of our history. The human condition in the context of advancing technology is a core interest of science fiction. What would it mean to be human in a world where genetic manipulation allows humanity 2.0? With advanced AI, clones, self aware androids, nanotechnology, virtual reality, etc. This is SciFi. I would run with the technology and explore the changes it would bring, and how our protagonists and antagonists negotiate this world.

With 2391, what seems to be the issue? Even if every Starfleet ship in 2391 has been retrofitted with Future Janeways "transphasic" torpedoes, so what? Other than being more powerful than photon torpedoes, what really changes? The weaponry of Starfleet would advance anyway, so whats the issue. The Enterprise C (nevermind the D or E) would probably overwhelm Kirk's Enterprise with ease. Yes, I am sure info from 7 of 9, future Janeway, the Voyager database, and research from the Dominion War are all shaping the Federation of 2391. But great stories can still be told. It's not like you have lost anything.

I wouldnt worry about disrupting the JJverse. It's a different universe, so the Prime events will not be an issue.

2. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Now that we have a new 'Picard' series featuring JLP in his twilight years, how likely do you think CBS will feature a 'young Picard' series - featuring either Picard during his Academy years (could be as part of a future 'Starfleet Academy' series they already planned) or Picard commanding the Stargazer - likely featuring Jack Crusher and his fiancee Beverly Howard?

That is assuming 'Picard' turns out to be a very successful series and fans want to see more JLP after its run is completed.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Woah, zombie thread.

I expect season 2 of Picard to introduce a young actor to play a Stargazer-era Jean-Luc in flashbacks, and who can take over the role down the line. Sir Patrick is 80 and only plans to do 3 seasons maximum, they must be thinking of passing the torch.

4. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Feel free to start a new thread on the topic, but a five-year-dormant thread by a serial poster who got banned wants to rest in peace.

itsdeadjim4.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.