Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like she actually carries him, which is unusual...

2. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL It looks awful.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn. That's the second time I followed a link to the trailer, only to find that it had been pulled.

4. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These went up on Iron Man's FB page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The time it takes to see them on this page is probably the amount of screen time they will actually have. :) Still, it's great to see this movie will reflect just how many of these things comic-Stark tends to have in his lair.

Mark

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So he's at the Mark XL? Where did the other 30-some suits go between "Avengers" and "IM3?"

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

He's at Mark 42 actually with the main movie armor

[​IMG]

The 35 armors after the Mark 7 will probably be just the army.

8. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's my thought as well - like I keep thinking - either he's got a whole factory of computer controlled JARVIS things building all those suits - or he's been getting some trusted guys from SI to help. I keep thinking maybe that's how we'll get Hank Pym or Scott Lang for Ant Man.

Because really it hasn't been all THAT long between Avengers and Iron Man 3 as it? Like only what? Less than a year at most? I like the new Silver Centurion armor though - beats thinking that the suitcase suit was that.

Although the more I see of the main movie suit in the trailers and how it works - I feel better about it - a lot of gold - but think of the Mark 5, it's mostly silver with a little gold, probably really this suit's direct predecessor really. Something compact and modular that can deploy quickly without the need for an undersuit or something.

The movie armors have held a sort of odd combination of the more modern suits that were basically like full on suits that you had to literally step into or be bolted into like in the Ultimate Marvel Universe and the classic "616" armors that were more modular and could deploy around him or collapse down and had to be put on one piece at a time.

Now that Marvel put up the video of Pepper getting Tony's suit around her - like that internationa trailer had - I wonder how soon it'll be before they decide to write in Pepper having her own armor somewhere. Like at the end of the movie, Tony shows off a suit of more female shapely armor and Pepper makes some comment like "So what? I wear your suit once and now I'm a super hero?"

9. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My reaction.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  10. Samurai8472

The "heavy duty" AKA Hulkbuster, Heartbreaker and space armor seem to be getting most focus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space Armor

[​IMG]

I think this one is the deep excavation armor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Hulkbuster just looks uncomfortable.

12. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how someone would fit into the Hulkbuster armor. It just doesn't look anatomically right. Unless the operator's head isn't meant to fit into the mask, it looks like the wearer would have to hunch over to fit.

I also wonder why the Hulkbuster armor is blue, and not the typical red/gold, or why it wasn't made green to match the Hulk.

13. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless they just got the scale wrong, and as with other comic Hulkbusters Tony stands almost upright in it in a half cockpit, while wearing another armor.

Mark

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

That's what i thought as well, that it was armor for other armor!

15. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

these armors all look great.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I wanna see the armor he built to fight Megatron in the New Avengers/Transformers crossover a few years back. :lol:

18. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just wish Hasbro didn't f--k up the toys for this movie as bad as they did. I'd love to have little 3.75" versions of these on my shelf. I already have a nice little Hall of Armor from Iron Man 2 and Avengers - they really kinda of dropped the ball here.

But I do think that Hulk Buster armor is bigger - but more along the size of Iron Monger I think - but not as massive as the comics Hulk Buster armors. Although it's conceivable that he could be wearing a thinner armor like a variant of the Mark 5. But I think probably his legs go where the legs go, but the arms are more inside the "torso"

19. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally have confirmation as to what armor this one is. I kept thinking it was the excavation suit

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I know. What the hell is up with these latest action figures with no articulation? Do they really think kids (let alone collectors) are gonna want these cheap looking things? :wtf:

Obviously it's a cost-cutting thing, and they assume enough parents will snap these up for their kids without looking, but still. It's sad how the toy companies don't even seem to be trying anymore.