How is Janeway sexy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Good choice, Kate ;)

Thanks for the write-up, Shatnertage! Should I ever have the good fortune to ask her a question someday, I'll make sure it's one about pattern enhancers. I hope you had fun at the con! :) I guess you didn't have to travel too far to go. :)

2. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got 2 stories that'll be out (1 later this week). Didn't write about one of the stars--just couldn't get the kind of access I wanted.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank you Shatnerage!!!!

Now peoples.. I need suggestions. I am going to see Kate starting this Friday night and then all day Saturday. I will be in the VIP thingie so hopefully get to talk to her. The whole convention has only 200 people anyway so my past experiences have been you get to see them quite well and sometimes chat.

WHAT QUESTION(S) SHOULD I ASK.

We will have Tim Russ, the wonderful Kate and Leonard Nimoy will be doing a Q & A via Skype on the big screen. I'm only interested in Kate questions if you all have any suggestions.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Are there any scenes that she's surprised by from her judgement, that is ones she disliked but the public liked.

Are their any roles or scenes that scared you or hit too close to home, that is the performance needed to let out too much of Kate Mulgrew's feelings, to get the job done.

5. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Robert Picardo guest stars in an episode of NTSF:SD:SUV--you might want to ask her about that.

The clips they showed looked pretty funny.

6. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

How about asking something about women & scifi? Like . . . um . . . I dunno, just get her started somehow. I have the feeling she'd run with it.

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

If you want to open a can of worms, you could ask her how she feels re: Admiral Janeway being eaten by an empty Borg cube in a TNG novel. ;)

I don't think I'd bring up the concept of the refrigerator heroine, but interesting to think that soon after "finally" having an intimate encounter with Chakotay, TPTB killed her. :rolleyes:

If not that, you might try asking if there was any scene she wished she could do over again, to change her performance.

8. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the story Shatnertage! :D

I've always wanted to ask her if she could go back in time and change one thing about Voyager what would it be.

9. teacake

I was planning to avoid the books but I like that angle because I know she thought Janeway should have ended up with someone, at least that is what I recall her saying. Getting together with Chak and immediately getting killed would, I suspect, irritate KM. That said though I think the actors aren't keen on being asked about books written long after the show that they haven't read. However that might be a good segue if someone else brings up the Chakotay relationship issue (which I'm not doing since I don't actually give a fig about it, lol).

I thought of one last night.. when can we expect your autobiography?

10. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

Ooh! That's a good one!

Ask it! :D:D:D:D

Sorry, I'm a bit . . . . excitable right now. LOL

11. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

I think someone interviewing her told her that Janeway was killed in one of the books, and she was a bit shocked until they told her that the Q took her at the moment she died. She seemed to be relieved by that fact--as we all were. ;)

12. Markira

Markira Commander Red Shirt

That's a great question, teacake! I read in that interview that Honey linked to a few days ago that she is working on a book - but there were no specifics. Maybe you can ask her about it.

Other than that, the others have given really good ideas. I am excited for you that you'll get the opportunity to ask KM personally! I get star-struck, myself, so I wouldn't be able to say a word. :lol:

13. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

Did she have that "stereotypical fireplug Irishwoman build"? :lol:

14. JanewayRulz!

15. JanewayRulz!

16. T.D. Possum

Aaaahhh!! I totally missed the part with KM doing step ups in a GRAY TANK TOP!

17. teacake

I am getting very nervous. I will spend the entirety of tomorrow deciding what to wear. I even bought new bras. I have to dress for it being overheated which that hotel has been every time I've gone, though it is winter here. I am stressing out over jewellery. Thankfully I picked out my perfume long ago (Stella, which will go with the mixed temperatures too). I have had my hair cut. I almost bought stupidly expensive hand cream so my hands looked better but I restrained myself. I will be going in Friday night for the concert, staying at a hotel with my daughter and then going to the VIP part of the con Saturday morning.

Normally at these cons everyone is dressed like extreme slobs, I wonder if I will be the only one dressing for Kate.

I AM DRESSING FOR KATE.

18. JanewayRulz!

And she will appreciate it! :bolian:

Looking at the youtube vids, Kate's own apparrel could range from a dress to a pant suit to jeans and a pullover, I guess like all of us :vulcan: it depends on her mood that day. I, on the other hand, always "dress" for her just as I did for Nimoy & Shatner. Its my way of honoring them... AND its my way of standing out in case everyone else is dressed in Trek tshirts and uniforms! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkIu0AqX9Q&playnext=1&list=PL7E1801930DA15E58

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkIu0AqX9Q&playnext=1&list=PL7E1801930DA15E58[/yt]

19. T.D. Possum

:bolian: Y'all are classy!

That's not even sarcasm.

20. Markira

Markira Commander Red Shirt

I would most definitely dress for Kate, or for another artist I'm lucky enough to meet. I dressed up for meeting BSB last month! :lol: And that was super brief - there was an assembly line of people getting their pictures taken, no time for talk.

teacake, I also think it's nice you'll be sharing this experience with your daughter. I don't remember, is she a Trek/KM/Janeway fan as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.