Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 3 2015, 07:53 AM   #286
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Gaming Deals

Do you go digital for bigger games or is that space taken up by disc installs and smaller games only? So far I've bought ~50% of AAA games digitally (during sales, mostly), and those 500 gig seem very small very fast, unless you're willing to manage disc space - which I'm not with digital games because uninstalling defeats the point of not having to wait/get up when switching games on the fly.
Philitas of Cos, Greek intellectual, is said by Athenaeus to have studied arguments and erroneous word usage so intensely that he wasted away and starved to death. British classicist A. Cameron speculates that P. died from a wasting disease which his contemporaries joked was caused by his pedantry.
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2015, 12:05 PM   #287
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^This is one of the reasons I prefer the PC as a AAA gaming platform: I have a 1TB external drive with most of my steam games backed up.

I looked into it for my PS3 and unless I'm mistaken, consoles can't/won't back-up full games natively, only savegame data.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2015, 01:05 AM   #288
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Do you go digital for bigger games or is that space taken up by disc installs and smaller games only? So far I've bought ~50% of AAA games digitally (during sales, mostly), and those 500 gig seem very small very fast, unless you're willing to manage disc space - which I'm not with digital games because uninstalling defeats the point of not having to wait/get up when switching games on the fly.
I play Halo: The Master Chief Collection off the disc, otherwise everything I have is all on the hard drive. With the exception of Peggle 2, it's all free games, demos and apps. I think Warframe and the Destiny demo are the biggest things on there, though I'm not 100% sure. So yeah, I don't have much in regards to AAA yet.
Old March 6 2015, 07:23 AM   #289
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post
I play Halo: The Master Chief Collection off the disc, otherwise everything I have is all on the hard drive. With the exception of Peggle 2, it's all free games, demos and apps. I think Warframe and the Destiny demo are the biggest things on there, though I'm not 100% sure. So yeah, I don't have much in regards to AAA yet.
Yeah, that explains it. For AAA stuff alone, I have Mordor, Titanfall, (both fully digital), MCC, AC: Black Flag, Destiny, NBA 2k14, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza 5, Skylanders: Swap Force, (all physical installs).

Add to that smaller digital games such as Dark Dreams Don't Die (D4), Costume Quest 2, Rayman: Legends, #IDARB, Worms Battlegrounds, Volgarr, Super Time Force, and these are just the ones I have installed.
Philitas of Cos, Greek intellectual, is said by Athenaeus to have studied arguments and erroneous word usage so intensely that he wasted away and starved to death. British classicist A. Cameron speculates that P. died from a wasting disease which his contemporaries joked was caused by his pedantry.
Old March 16 2015, 04:58 AM   #290
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
^This is one of the reasons I prefer the PC as a AAA gaming platform: I have a 1TB external drive with most of my steam games backed up.

I looked into it for my PS3 and unless I'm mistaken, consoles can't/won't back-up full games natively, only savegame data.
Xbox One will play games off of an external hard disk I believe. PS4 won't, but allows you to upgrade the drive to something larger. I think with Xbox it probably makes sense to have a nice fat fast 7200+ rpm external for games. I've noticed that when I try to use crap like the party or friends apps while a game of Titanfall is loading, I load into the game way late. Seems like fighting over HDD access would be the most likely culprit. Might make those clunky apps a little more snappy in general as well.
Old March 21 2015, 05:15 PM   #291
kirk55555
Commodore

There is an epic PSN sale right now. A bunch of games for under $1, and it goes until March 23rd.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...deals-under-1/

This sale was awesome. I got a lot of stuff, none of which I've played before

Breath of Fire IV
Poker Night 2
Katamari Damacy
Megaman X4
Echochrome
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Wild Arms
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
ibb & obb
Tekken 2
Dead Nation
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2015, 10:00 PM   #292
FADM Tribble
Ensign

View FADM Tribble's Twitter Profile

There's a sale going on for EA and LEGO games for Xbox One right now. I just bought LEGO: MARVEL Super Heroes for $5!
FADM Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2015, 06:54 PM   #293
Reverend
Rear Admiral

For anyone that has yet to pick up any of the Dragon Age or Mass Effect games on PC, some of them are in the new Origin Humble Bundle. Also included is Dead Space 2, the classic Medal of Honor Allied Assault, C&C Generals and a bunch of Popcap games with still more to come.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2015, 11:15 PM   #294
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Steam is having one of their big sales right now, through the 21st. There are new deals every day, and each only lasts for a limited time (either 12 or 24 hours).
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2015, 01:22 PM   #295
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Ahh yes, good old Steam sale. I tried to buy a game for 4 dollars that I already own via a 1 dollar Humble Bundle. I need to just stay away. But damn, Prison Architect for $4.50.. I'll have to sleep on that.
Old June 15 2015, 06:43 AM   #296
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

Old June 25 2015, 10:22 AM   #297
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

EuropeBBS: Arkham Knight (PS4) is only EUR 46.71 right now.

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ISNYNXG
Old June 25 2015, 06:31 PM   #298
Robert Maxwell
Amphibious Admiral

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

The current Humble Bundle gets you the first two Borderlands games, all their DLC, and a 75% of coupon for the Pre-Sequel... for $15.

That means you can own the entire Borderlands franchise (to date) for about $30.

That's a crazy deal for that amount of content/fun.

You could also spend under $6.35 to just get the first game and its DLC, but why?
Old June 27 2015, 08:56 AM   #299
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

BL2 alone is incredibly rich in content, the SO and I played it in couch co-op (including the season pass content) for about a year.

It's kinda nuts how much (worthwile) stuff there is to do in that game. Too bad TPS didn't grab us the same way. Fucking low-grav nonsense, who thought that would feel fun?
Old July 22 2015, 08:10 PM   #300
Aragorn
Admiral

If you have a Mac, you can get Civilization V free at MacRumors.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote