Voyager Only Exists...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by USS Triumphant, Jan 29, 2014.

1. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

...inside Moriarty's little holodeck cube from the TNG episode "Ship In A Bottle". Explains all the weirdness with sentient and semi-sentient holograms, time travel that shows a history inconsistent with what had already been shown in TOS and TNG, and all sorts of other stupidity.

Well, whadya think?

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

So when Janeway spoke to Picard in Nemesis, she was a holodeck character communicating with the real world from inside a program that was designed to pretend it was the real world?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway exists on all planes and dimensions simultaneously, duh.

4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rick James. Cool. :)

Point of fact is that the module in which Jim was stuck, should not have had super tech in it exceeding 2269, unless it had a caretaker (Barclay?) who was periodically updating the enclosures Databse with general trivia and advances in technology.

If Barclay was Moriarty's caretaker, even after he left the Enterprise, then a facsimile of Voyager or a hypothetical asumption of Voyager before hard facts were available inside that program would have been a perfectly reasonable assumption.

Meanwhile... If the Doctors template was based on the (So called) Sentient Moriarty program, then it's possible that not only a version of Moriarty is existing inside the Doctor in some recess rat hole deep down, but the entire enclosures is existing in perpettuity inside every EMH.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

You do know they almost ended Deep Space Nine with Benny Russell having finished his stories, right?

7. Guy Gardener

Star Trek is also trapped in Tommy Westphall's mind with Torchwood and the 1960's Batman and I love Lucy.

8. USS Triumphant

Nope. Nemesis was part of the holodeck scenario, too. Never happened.
    It does have a caretaker, but not Barclay - after they sent the little mini-holodeck cube back to Starfleet Command, they assigned Ensign Harry Kim to add info and to keep things interesting for Moriarty and the Countess, among his other duties. He added the Voyager scenario to amuse himself with, and was never really all that interested in his own avatar in it, which is why he was so boring, and why he never got promoted. (In the real world, he never got promoted because he spent too much time playing with the scenario.)
    Well, of course. :techman:

9. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Works for me.
    Even better.

10. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Needs some time-travel nonsense to quite fit Our Heroes.

11. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

They mention Moriarty in the 3rd Season episode Alter Ego....

12. Guy Gardener

The only reason a hologramatic sex slave would not sleep with Harry, is if she spontaneously developed the sentience to run.

Things EVOLVE to escape a humping from Harry Kim.

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Not all of Voyager happened in the Moriarty cube, only the bad episodes.

14. USS Triumphant

You contradict yourself, gentlebeing. :p

15. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, but Picard in Nemesis wasn't in the real world anymore.

He was still in the Nexus, living out the "I'mma action movie hero now!" fantasies that he began by going 'back' to Veridian III to whup Soran's ass, and then going on to kick the Borg queen's ass, then kicking Ru'afo's ass, and finally ending with him kicking his own ass by way of his mini-me, Shinzon.

(Talk about self-loathing. Talk about transference. Sigmund Freud would have a field day with all Picard's neuroses.)

Nexus!Janeway talking to Picard in Nemesis is actually a sub-reality existing within a sub-reality. ;)

All the meanwhile, Starfleet mourned the loss of the entire Enterprise crew when the Veridian system went nova... but they quickly moved on to assigning NCC 1701-E to a brand new crew, who are still out there... somewhere... not that we've ever met them, or anything.