USS Malverne Fredrikstad Class Shuttlecarrier project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Bernard Guignard, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Here are the larger drawings that I said I would post for the comission work that I did for the Starfleet Chapter Uss Malverne. Based on Aridas Sofia's Ariel Shuttle Carrier Design
    enjoy. :) If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

First 3 view drawing:
    [​IMG]

Elevation View
    [​IMG]

Dorsal View
    [​IMG]

Bow View
    [​IMG]

Aft View
    [​IMG]

Ventral View
    [​IMG]

Cross-Section View
    [​IMG]

Aft Saucer to seconday hull connection
    [​IMG]

Bow interconnecting dorsal close up
    [​IMG]

elevation inerconnecting dorsal close up
    [​IMG]

Dorsal interconnecting dorsal close up
    [​IMG]

Ventral interconncting dorsal close up
    [​IMG]

These pictures are black and white annotated from the Malverne set of blueprint. showing some areas

Dorsal view
    [​IMG]

Elevation View
    [​IMG]

Ventral View
    [​IMG]

Cross-Section view
    [​IMG]

Secondary hull Cross-section close up
    [​IMG]

Bridge Plan
    [​IMG]

Bridge Cross-section
    [​IMG]

2. Retroneon

Retroneon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I like that you put the sick bay near the arboretum and gym. All of these things are good for health! :klingon:

It seems like the turbolift doors were always positioned near the back, so that the camera could establish a shot of the entire crew. But surely good shots can be had with the doors right at the side, like you have it. If I was a captain, I'd like to be able to see at a glance, who's coming in and going off the bridge.

3. Bernard Guignard

Well the bridge layout was drawn when I had very few reference's just some pictures from star trek 5 I think and to me it looked like the Turbolifts were put pretty close to 90 degrees from the centerline so I went with it. :)

4. Retroneon

Retroneon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I think the doors were in that position for one movie.

5. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Dude, I dig this. My only real critique involves the nacelle pylons. They (in my opinion) should be a wee bit thicker.

As for Retroneon's comment, it's not the captain's concern (in the sense basic sense of who should be there) who comes and goes on the bridge- as no one should be there who isn't supposed to be. That's what the staff is for. The captain has to have confidence that his bridge staff will monitor the minor stuff like that.

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

A cool looking design. Did you consider making it a thru-deck design?

The front of the secondary hull could use a little something.

7. MLJames

MLJames Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the bridge layout. You addressed my biggest beef with the bridge layouts in TFF and TUC, in that there's no way the turbolifts could fit inside the module's exterior shell as seen on the model.

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ The problem actually got worse between ST5 and 6 - due largely to the fact that they needed a cheap way to re-use the bridge for Excelsior, which had that extra alcove to the rear behind the captain's chair, necessitating the turbo doors to be moved farther apart on the set.

Star Trek 5 Enterprise Bridge
    Star Trek 6 Enterprise Bridge
    Star Trek 6 Excelsior Bridge

They continued the tradition on the Enterprise-B Bridge in Generations

Nice pics, BTW, Bernard. Would you be able to post larger versions of your line drawings?

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

great art of this vessel :) :techman:

10. Patrin-Zero

Patrin-Zero Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Politely curious if there is a dedicated 'traffic' control center for shuttle operations and where such might be located, nice take on an often overlooked fleet support vessel.

11. Bernard Guignard

Thank you :) Back when Tony Rowley and I were in discussions concerning the bridge blueprint we envisioned that most shuttle ops would be directed from the Mission ops Station I think its #6 on the bridge deck plan. All computer panels can be reformated to whatever mission parameters they would need. That being said I never got around to doing deck plans to the whole ship so I did to a deck plan showing a typical Hangarlayout. :) If I were to do say deck plans of the ship I would add a dedicated control center in the secondary hull near the shuttle bays and on the opposite mirror side would be the pilot mission briefing room. :)
    area

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It is beyond lovely. Here is something I mentioned earlier. Could you give that saucer the Endeavour treatment-make it a bit thicker? Imagine that attached to Jackills Carver class at Fed ref. (but flipped upside down for a secondary hull) Add Aridas ACE nacelles. Here you would have what amounts to a TMP era Galaxy class.

I like the Last Generation comic series, where at the end, you see with a time travel arc, that Picard and now Kirk are contemporaries. Such a TMP ear look at Ent-D might be a good next project. Chris (Mojoemoe's) nice Ent-F art might be what the 1701-A could have looked like if data from an alternate timeline had made it back to the ST IV era.

13. Bernard Guignard

Sorry I missed your request. Let me see what I can do with
    Autocad Trueview. Alot of what I've put up here are straight bit map conversions from Autocad and My version of autocad Lite :sigh: is very old not up to todays high rez soft ware :) I'll try this out on perhaps this weekend.

14. Bernard Guignard

Hi Publisar thank you very much. :) I'll keep this in mind when I get Aridas's Kirov class finished :) but I also have a few more projects in the works that I'd like to get back to also so much starship work so little time one of them being
    the Swiftsure class Strike Carrier
    [​IMG]

15. Birdog

Birdog Commander Red Shirt

I've got a full version of 2004 and can output a raster image as big as you want. If you send me your files I could do that for you.

16. Bernard Guignard

Hi Birdog Let me see what I can do and if I'm not satisfied
    with the results we will go that route.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice ship design there :)

18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral