"The Hunted": Identify a sound effect

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a sound effect used in the teaser that I know I've heard in another episode, wherein it pays a more important part of the story than it does here. The sound is a computer static that is very distinct, and it can be heard when Mister Worf is responding to the order to scan the moon, at about 3:00 into the episode. You can hear it as he says "no lifesigns"

Does that sound seem familiar to anyone else?

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I think my own memory answered my question.. the sound might be the same used in the Mind's Eye when we were seeing Geordi's VISOR POV and the Romulans were modifying the signal to control him. As I said, the sound effect was more prominent and important to the story.

What do you think?

3. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

It's an older sound effect, you first hear it in season 2 "unnatural Selection" when Data and Pulaski are scanning the Lantree bridge crew, it was used early on in the first few seasons as a life signs scanner sound but pretty much disappeared by the end of season 3.