The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

IDK, I thought they were careless going into such dark passage ways with just flash lights. Walkers play possum and poor Herschel paid the price. Quite graphic as others have already said.

I bet the ratings were still way up there.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It just seemed to be strange behavior for a zombie is all. Instead of prowling around in search of food, this one sat dormant in one spot until a target was in range, then pounced.

I suppose its possible the zombie was blind or deaf, and didn't sense Herschall was close until he brushed against it.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here is a review from a harsh critic of the show. I disagree with him though - I think the acting is excellent.

Critic of Walking dead

4. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Good episode, maybe my favorite of the show since the pilot episode.

But one major nitpick. So our heroes have been on the run for weeks or months now. They're working as a smoothly oiled zombie killing machine now(loved the teamwork). They have a bunch of crude, but seemingly functional sound suppressors for their firearms. All good stuff.

But in all that time, not a single one of them has realized how useful a pole-arm could be? A makeshift spear, halberd or pike would be an enormous improvement over the knifes, fireplace pokers, machetes, and pipes(or even Samurai girl's sword).

And you can't claim it is lack of availability. I could step into my garage right now and whip up some(shortish) crude spears out of my shovels and rakes and various garden implements in a couple minutes.

5. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not sure wether hacking of Herschel's lower leg is going to help. That bite loked pretty deep. If the secondary infection got into a vene, it would have spread farther through the body already.

6. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apparantly in the comic it was Dale they did this to and not Hershel. Anyone know if Dale survived it?

7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Dale and Allen. Allen died...dale survived.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I actually found the season 2 premiere (set on the highway) to be a lot more suspenseful.

I suppose there's just something about the threat of a zombie attack I find to be a lot more exciting than the actual killing of them.

Here, it was basically just a nonstop parade of zombie killing from the start, which made the whole episode feel a bit cold and mechanical to me, like I was watching characters in a videogame or something.

It wasn't until the end, when Herschel got chomped, that I really found myself glued to the screen.

9. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^ I thought it was amusing when Carl takes the dog food and is ready to eat it and Rick stops him. Apparently Rick draws a line in the sand not with his son executing zombies but eating Alpo - now that simply going to far. LOL

10. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah. I wasn't sure what that was about because I didn't realize what the can was.

11. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great start to the season. Well oiled zombie killing machine is right. I think there was not a word of dialog while they took that first house at the beginning.

I really liked the show, but it is still bugging me the waste of ammo, especially after Rick locked that gate. It seemed like killing the zombies through the fence was working just fine! Lure them to the fence and attack through it. Daryl's arrows were no match for the zombiefied guards in riot gear. Ha!

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

In the comics there were 3 types of zombies. The "roamers", which formed the herds. The, I forget the name, "sitters"? That would just basically not move until something got their attention. And the third type, of which I've also forgotten the name of, that basically just hung around a small area.

13. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:lol:

Carl is now up to speed killing walkers.:techman:

14. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Depending on where they hang around, that would be either "Trekkies", "comic book nerds", or "gamers".

15. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the end of last season, didn't the camera pull way up from Rick's group, then pan over a bit to reveal the prison? If so, how is it that 6 months later they're only now finding this relatively nearby location?

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sounded like that when they were planning on the hood of the car, that they had tried a few other directions and met with some dead ends/swarms.

RL reason, of course, was that the prision wasn't really right there, it was there as a foreshadowing device for the viewers. It was on a hill in Season 2 if I remember correctly, and kinda at the bottom of a hill, hidden, in this season...

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Because they've been walking in a circle, around it all this time. When they pull out the map on the car, and start talking about where to go, they state that they've been going in circles, and back tracking. The herds are moving, and they can't just go in a straight line. Plus, they often tend to stick to roads, and this prison looked like it was out in the middle of no where. They just finally happened to come up on it this time.

What I wonder though, is why it didn't show on the map? If it were me, and I were looking at places to go, I'd study the map and look for secure facilities listed on it. Not sure if they put prisons on maps though.

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

My take on that scene was that Rick was sick to death of eating dog food that seeing Carl open it up pissed him off so he chucked it. He didn't want to see or smell that shit any longer.

I do agree that it got tedious and too much like a videogame but I still enjoyed it. I liked seeing how efficient a zombie killing machine that the group became. As long as every episode isn't like this I don't mind it.

19. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine was that while things were bad, he refused to believe they'd sunk low enough that they had to start eating dog food to survive.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral