Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

That can happen no matter what. I'm not sure of the value of doing a word substitution simply to show how 'Star Wars' everything is. They call coffee 'caf' which I suppose is meeting halfway.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, that way lies the original Galactica. It wasn't enough that years were yahrens and minutes were centons -- it reached the point where energy units were ergons, soldiers went on furlons instead of furloughs, etc.

3. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

You certainly have a way of cutting through the felgercarb.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

And a hydrospammer is a telemarketer whose head I'm holding underwater..what was that you wanted to sell again?

Mumph--bubble

But while I am taking care of this, maybe you could help me answer a question:

I seem to remember one episode where something looked a bit like an atomic bomb explosion--not to resurrect the no nukes in Star Wars bit..maybe it was an opening montage but I think it felled a bunch of the roger/roger combat droid

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And, of course, "death sticks" as referenced in the Outlander Nightclub sequence in AOTC is just the Star Wars universe's version of Earth cigarettes and it was pretty obvious from the beginning that they were intended to be a poke at real life tobacco products. Still, it was an effective reference and you got the message with some added humor (Obi-Wan's mind trick) without it being too heavyhanded.

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Also "coffeine".