Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I had to look her up myself. She's Barriss Offee, who's been a recurring character in the show, mainly in a story arc in season 2 where she and Ahsoka got to know each other. She's apparently still around up until Order 66 is enacted, so I doubt she'll turn out to be a bad guy here.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

You never know. They've retconned things before.

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

So... going by "The Fugitive" plot, Ashoka is looking for a one-armed Jed... oh my god, ANAKIN! :wtf:

4. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Think its the only time stun has ever been used in the films.

5. Christopher

Actually this arc is based more on Hitchcock. All the episode titles are plays on Hitchcock film titles. And the lighting in this episode was a lot more noir than anything in The Fugitive (the film, anyway).

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

CSI: Miami isn't Hitchcock, yet Russo-ISC was based off of Horatio Caine, as already mentioned upthread. The titles are obviously Hitchcock allusions, but there was a clear Fugitive reference too, jumping out of the drainpipe to go on the run.

I'm not seeing any obvious overall parallel in this episode with The Man Who Knew Too Much, beyond the title; where was the famous cymbal clash to cover an assassination?

It's a hybrid.

7. Christopher

I just didn't want anyone to get the impression that The Fugitive was the sole or primary reference for the arc. Obviously they are mixing elements from various crime and thriller franchises, but of course Hitchcock is the granddaddy of thrillers.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Barriss Offee was Luminara Unduli's Padawan and both were featured in the micro-series quite a bit I believe. I'm also pretty sure both were in "Attack of the Clones".

9. CorporalCaptain

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I believe the first time we see how a Jedi builds their lightsaber?

11. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

They used stun on Princess Leia in New Hope.

12. CorporalCaptain

Funny, we were just talking about that. ;)

13. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

yes - the only time in the six film's it's been used as I wrote.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the episode. The exterior scenes after Asohka escaped the prison were gorgeous, honestly I think that was some of the best CG animation I've ever seen on TV. But the only other CG animated stuff I've watched is Reboot back in the '90s and Green Lantern so I don't have a lot to go on there.

15. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Why did they make Barris offee so young?
    I thought that she was as old as Anakin?

16. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool episode. Is this set up for Ahsoka's goodbye?
    Certainly a good story and lots of interesting locations designed for this. Good action too in the chase.

Anakin's car looks like a Starship.

Humm, but I think I saw her last week walking in the background behind Ahsoka. This might be used as a possible flashback to events when she is finally caught.

17. CorporalCaptain

The little bit seen in the deleted scene at the beginning of ROTJ notwithstanding, which shows just about nothing anyway, yeah. I don't know what the books and comics said about it, though.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Part 1 was very underwhelming, but Part 2 was quite excellent and probably my all time favorite Ahsoka centric episode. The animation of Ahsoka's escape sequence was absolutely gorgeous and she really came off as a badass in that as well. I really loved the Death Star-y design of the military prison and the Vietnam Memorial Wall outside. Seeing her batting aside stun blasts was particularly cool.

Gee, I wonder who the disturbed Jedi framing her could possibly be... could it be the only non-Yoda/Obi/Anakin speaking Jedi in this episode... who was behaving strangely...? Naaaaaaaaah!

19. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if this is the slow build up to Ahsoka's fate?

While I believe she will survive and live on to see screen time in the live action sequel series I wonder if we are in for an entire season six (or longer) where Ahsoka is either a fugitive with only secret ties to Anakin or if she will be back in the fold, business as usual once this story is through.

Palpatine would have a serious need to rid Ahsoka from Anakin, she is taking away from the "fear of loss" paradigm program that he's had in the works so that after Padme's death in ROTS he can claim him for the dark side.

There is still a lot Ahsoka can do in the run of the show. Her relationship with Obi Wan hasn't been explored much. She doesn't even know about Padme and her forbidden marriage to Anakin yet either; which would make for some interesting story. I hope they aren't writing her out of the series just yet... aspects of this episode besides Ahsoka did suggest the same. The Jedi being slowly removed from military matters, etc.

Was it obviously Palpatine force-choking the prisoner?

And I am just assuming that The Clone Wars will continue. It may get dropped by The Cartoon Network and "get lost" on it's way to DisneyTV in legalese. We know that the 6th season has been written but there's no guarantee it will see the light of day. Some assurance from Lucasfilm/Disney would be ideal.

I hope not. While episode 7 will almost certainly be delayed for quality control I was kind of hoping we could look forward to The Clone Wars leading up to the sequel trilogy. Sorry but I don't find the release date in 2015 to be realistic in the slightest.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I swear there was a Vader breath noise during that scene.