What does 'nu' mean?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by xvicente, Jul 10, 2013.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Guys, get a room. Whatever this is about, I don't think it's got anything to do with the thread topic.

2. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Just pulling your leg, mate...

3. golddragon71

golddragon71 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think that while the Abrams Alt timeline and whatever proceeds from it will not be New forever, I do think that many of us who grew up on the classic Trek timeline will call it NuTrek in order to distinguish it from Classic Trek (TOS TAS TNG DS9 VOY ENT and the assocciated movies)
    At least that's how I distinguish them.

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would appreciate a consistent label for the new universe if only to be able to find relevant details. Such as fan art, literature, and other details. I like having a simple, and consistent, label to attach to the new movies.

Nu-Trek, Alternate Universe, Abrams Trek-they all lack the consistency of the labels used for the older shows and movies. I'm sure each naming convention as suffered its critics, so any consensus with the new films will likely take some time.

And, I share Christopher's frustration in trying to name a fictional universe. It is not the easiest think to do and not sound like something that has been done before.