CGI goddess RAPUNZEL from TANGLED appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mutara Nebula 1967, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Mutara Nebula 1967

Mutara Nebula 1967 Captain Captain

No comparison. FROG is standard fare but TANGLED was just the right combination of EVERYTHING that it totally clicked to make a wonderful viewing experience. And it didn't even need the 3D.

2. Mutara Nebula 1967

If anyone STILL hasn't seen it and they have NETFLIX it has recently been added to streaming.

It's definatly worth checking out if you are looking for a movie to watch over the long labor day holiday weekend.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Gee, I don't remember its runtime being that long! :D

4. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I'm just glad that I managed to control my snickers long enough to not atomize my Mountain Dew across my work computer's keyboard and monitor. As understanding as my workplace is, even they have their limits. :p

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, I take it, Mutara Nebula really liked this movie?

6. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

::Bump!::

Some new news on the Tangled short, which will be called Tangled Ever After. It will run in front of Beauty and the Beast 3D in January. Here's a link to the details, as well as some poster art:

TANGLED EVER AFTER details and synopsis

7. Mutara Nebula 1967

The short was good but a bit derivative from the Original.
    It's time to make a full blown TANGLED 2. Lots of story possibiliies though the main one should be that she needs to find another magic flower to restore her golden tresses back.

8. Trekker4747

Dude?! Seriously?!

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

He fucking loves Tangled.

10. Trekker4747

Still, it's a year-old thread.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, better than attempting to start a new one about a non-existent Tangled sequel.

12. Trekker4747

I guess he just REALLY liked the movie, then. ;)

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Or he REALLY liked the blonde animated main character. :devil:

14. Trekker4747

Creepily enough, that's the impression I get.

15. Christopher

What's creepy about it? She was a beautifully designed and animated character, well worthy of admiration. She was a Disney princess, after all, and thus meant to be beautiful. And the whole storyline revolved around the fact that she was legally an adult, so it can't be considered creepy in that regard (not that it would really make a difference with a cartoon character anyway).

And is it creepy to find a cartoon beautiful? No, no more than a painting or a sculpture. They're representations of ideals.

16. Trekker4747

To such an extreme degree for over a year when one is an adult? I'd say it's a tad odd. I'll admit to seeing very well drawn cartoon/comic women and admiring the art of making such a good looking woman but not to "OMG! GODDESS I must see her as much as possible!!! :drool:" sort of way. I stopped doing that around the 7th grade with April O'Neill on the TMNT cartoon.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

For what it's worth, I own Tangled on Blu-Ray and watch it at least once every month or two.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, in this case it's the representation of rather childlike features.

19. Christopher

What's age got to do with it? A beautiful work of art is a beautiful work of art. Glen Keane did amazing work as the designer and key animator for Rapunzel, making her a very beautiful and engaging character to watch. Even aside from any physical attraction, the beauty of it as a piece of craft and art, the skill with which expression and character were conveyed and the details of physics and motion were rendered, is quite admirable. I think it's ridiculous to say that people shouldn't be allowed to admire a work of art once they pass some arbitrary age.

I mean, seriously, where did we get this notion that adults have to give up the things they enjoyed as children or teens? Aren't adults supposed to have more freedom of choice, not less?

20. Mutara Nebula 1967

Thanks for the support Christopher. I'm not sure what Trekker4747's deal is as he/she is somewhat disrespectful
    towards me simply because I enjoyed TANGLED and its main character. The movie was wonderful and Rapunzel very charming.

And Rojenhen...there was a chorus of people after TANGLED who said there would never be any continuation and yet we got TANGLED EVER AFTER...this is DISNEY...a cash machine that just bought SW. Do you really think they will walk away from a profitable property like TANGLED...I think not god sir!:)