Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Picked up two Buffy comics (oh, excuse me....graphic novels :lol: ) for hubby's Valentine's present.

3. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I bought the following movies on DVD Cold Showers, Hounded, and Malenda.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Generally, "trade paperback" would be the term for editions collecting multiple issues of an ongoing storyline. "Graphic novel" tends to refer instead to works that are published primarily as a bound edition in the first place, rather than after-the-fact as a collected edition. Granted, the two terms do get used interchangeably often (for one example, DC Comics prefers to refer to Alan Moore's Watchmen as a graphic novel for the added implied prestige, despite Watchmen originally being published as twelve magazine-style issues).

At the end of the day, though, really, they are all comic books, and there's nothing wrong with that. Comics are just as varied a medium as television, film, and novels in content, after all. :p

5. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think of both colors as more 60's than 70's. I was tired of orange by the early 70's. And I always hated avocado green.

6. auntiehill

And yet, when I saw them "comics," hubby still corrects me.

7. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    Grafic novel:cool: from the dark tower for my dads birthday.

8. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Two dvds from Costco. Each has 4 old movies on it. One has 4 Hitchcock thrillers and the other has 4 comedies, including "Arsenic and Old Lace".

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Tell him another comics geek said to stop being unnecessarily pretentious. ;)

10. Eleanor_zhDarjel

The dvd 2012 and Shelter (with Julianne Moore). Didn't watch the last one but it was a special offer and seemed kind of cool...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got season 1 of The Vampire Diaries on Blu-ray today. I also got S3 of Mad Men on Blu-ray a few days ago.

12. auntiehill

OH, I am SOOOO saving this page. :lol:

OMG! How did I miss a Coldwater purchase?!? You know, I really want that dress, too. The Outlet does indeed rock.

13. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

The final Star Trek Typhon Pact novel.

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I got this supergirly pink duvet cover for our new bed. The husband is thrilled. :lol:

[​IMG]

15. Eleanor_zhDarjel

A very cute green blouse.

16. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Mother of pearl dangle earrings on sale.

I'm not usually into real girly stuff, but that duvet is perfect. I want one! :)

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

It's from Urban Outfitters, if you're interested. I used to not like girly things at all but something changed at some point.

18. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I just received my delivery of groceries that I ordered online. I am quite annoyed because $19.01 of groceries have been left out (1kg of chicken breasts, 3 rolls of toilet paper and coffee). I have been given credit for the missing items and a free credit for delivery next time but I will now have to walk down to the shops and buy these things and use my cinema money to buy them.

I have complained on their Facebook site about this.

19. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I've sold out and bought an iPhone. But it was only $40 with my upgrade, and the new data plan isn't much more than I was already spending. I've been playing with it for hours!

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice.

I ought to get round to a new phone at some point (I like the look of the new HTCs running the new Windows on them). But every year for the past 4-5 years when it comes round to renewal/upgrade time, I always end up negotiating a lower/better monthly contract instead. I think it's now about a third of what I paid when I first got my current phone, has unlimited texts, more free minutes that I ever use, and an unlimited data plan too, which you just can't find easily any more.

In fact, it's so cheap now, that when I next get a new phone, given that I keep each one for so long, it will a lot cheaper for me to pay full price for it, and just swap the SIM card (providing they're compatible; fingers crossed they should be) instead of actually signing a new contract and getting the subsidised phone. :lol: