Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Seraphim, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim Admiral Admiral

Ever since I first saw the 15 year old Naruto in his new black and orange uniform I eagerly anticipated the debut of Naruto Shippuden in english on Cartoon Network. As the days progressed Cartoon Network began doubling up on its weekly Naruto showings. Then more recently when the Yura Yura theme song debuted I was ecstatic that the days of Shippuden would arrive perhaps sometime in January. However with the demise of Toonami, Viz's move to sub episodes online instead of having Cartoon Network dub, and the shock I just received when I read that Hulu would be carrying Shippuden and airing the last 4 Naruto episodes I have to wonder if Naruto on CN has run its course. source

Which leads me to my question -- Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?:confused:

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I kinda predicted this might happen. The US tv system doesn't work the same way as the Japanese one, and Naruto simply could not survive the horrible decrease in quality that the filler brought.

3. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The most honest answer is that nobody really knows at this point since there hasn't been an official announcement either way. There's so much speculation going on that many people are drawing their own conclusions.

I've heard a number of rumors myself ranging from that CN burned through the fillers too quickly and now has the stretch them out as much as possible until Shippuden is ready to air. Another I've heard is that there aren't really enough dubbed episodes of Shippudden in the can for CN's liking, which is another reason why they're now in the position of stretching out the fillers.

But Naruto still apparently is one of CN's top-rated shows, even if ratings have dipped since the fillers started. Premieres of Naruto episodes are still scheduled for Saturdays, but they'll be moving to 9:30 PM EST since Adult Swim Comedy will be taking over the 10:00 PM EST timeslot from now on...

4. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dropped both Naruto & Bleach b/c of those looong stretches of filler. I just seem to burn out when it comes to shows that last more than 100 eps or so.

One show Id like to see on CN is Soul Eater, but I think its also a long running shonen series & I'd probabaly end up getting bored with it too eventually...

6. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't mind the filler episodes, I hope the subbers they get are as good as the ones from DB.

7. zakkrusz

Soul Eater is scheduled to end at 51 episodes, so it'll be about as long as Full Metal Alchemist was. Both series were animated by Bones so they'll probabally stick to that format. Soul Eater is now liscensed by Funimation so it's possible that it could be on AS in the future.

8. zakkrusz

Looks like they've started streaming Shippuden early. Enjoy.

9. melancholymecha

oh that's cool then. But with the way Adult Swim's been treating anime these days I wont keep my hopes up...Maybe Sci-Fi will pick it up.

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah id bet that sci-fi will do anime more justice. Their ani-monday block has been pretty impressive

11. zakkrusz

...well for the most part, but they have aired a bunch of crap anime too, though like the X movie, the Street Fighter Alpha films, Psychic Wars, and the MD Geist movies. *shudders*

The correlation I've noticed is they're all from Manga Entertainment. They're not exactly my favorite company to begin with as they really don't have much stuff I like.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  12. melancholymecha

I kinda liked Strait Jacket *hides in the corner*

13. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

yeah I suppose that is the case. Dont forget that they aired Tokko as well *shudder*

I guess I blocked out the bad stuff lol

14. zakkrusz

Tokko was actually pretty interesting for various reasons....then the last episode happened and ruined the series. :(

I liked Strait Jacket as well, probabally not enough to buy it though. In fact I think I only have about 15 titles from Manga Entertainment in my collection, one or two I really wish I hadn't paid for though.

Manga does own:
    Appleseed (1988)
    Black Jack: The Movie
    Black Magic M-66
    Blood: The Last Vampire
    Castle of Cagliostro
    Fist of the North Star (Well part of it anyway)
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex (co-owned by Bandai)
    Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex: Second Gig (co-owned by Bandai)
    Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (co-owned by Bandai)
    Karas: The Prophecy
    Karas: The Revelation
    Macross II
    Macross Plus
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth
    Neon Genesis Evangalion: End of Evangelion
    Ninja Scroll
    Noein
    Patlabor: The Movie
    Perfect Blue
    Read or Die
    Strait Jacket
    Street Fighter 2-The Animated Movie
    Street Fighter 2 V

...which were good and in some cases amazing, but the rest of their catalog I don't care for.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  15. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I'm glad Sci-Fi is airing better anime these days, they used to be a joke aside from the occasional airing of Macross Plus.

16. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I still think the best thing Sci-Fi has ever done for me was introduce me to Noein. One of the most interesting and visually appealing animes I have ever seen. From the characters to the music to the plot it was just *droool* Now heres hoping that by some minor miracle they will be able to air macross fronteir

17. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Noein was a great show, I don't think I would have heard about it either if they hadn't shown it.

18. zakkrusz

I found it in fansubs a few years ago, myself when I asked for science fiction anime recomendations and it was mentioned (along with Ergo Proxy which was also a superb find), I really enjoyed it. It was a pretty obscure and hard to find show that wasn't available at most torrent sites. I was really surprised to see it get liscensed at all to begin with, let alone getting a TV broadcast.

19. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

Where is the URl tot he new legit streaming Naruto Shippuden subs?

20. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

EDIT: Double post.