Villain discussion Poll

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Gojira, Dec 8, 2012.

?

Who is the Villain of Star Trek Into Darkness?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2013.
  1. Charlie X

1.1%
  2. Gary Mitchell

26.1%
  3. Harry Mudd

2.2%
  4. Dr. Roger Korby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dr. Van Gelder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Trelane

1.1%
  7. Ben Finney

1.1%
  8. Khan

12.0%
  9. Commodore Decker

2.2%
  10. Captain Tracey

1.1%
  11. Dr. Richard Daystrom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Gary Seven

2.2%
  13. Garth of Izar

29.3%
  14. Other...please explain

21.7%
  1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Orci is pretty much full of shit, so that "he's a canon character because he's in a canon Trek film" is a very likely possibility.

2. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Peter wellers character is the big bad guy. Cumberbatch will be stsrfleet officer Sam kirk who was part of section. 31 or similar group led by Weller. He destroys a bunch of sect 31 ships to stop a massacre and uses kirk like.unorthodox metlhods which cause a lot of innocent deaths accidently ..and they send Jim after him.eventually
    Jim thinks Sam.is guilty and Sam thinks.Jim is part.of.the.bad guys group. Weller.kills.Sam and Jim takes.out weller

3. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Well apparently he is former Starfleet, so either Mitchell or Garth.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

After spending the past year-plus rooting for Gary Mitchell I have now abruptly changed my vote to Lord Garth. Cuuuuz...

1. Cumberbatch looks more like a Lord Garth (supercilious egomaniacal nutcase) than a Gary Mitchell (who I'd expect to be cast with some fresh faced young guy, an evil version of Pine's Kirk.)

2. We can't have a villain named Gary. Seriously.

3. There were clues for both Khan and Mitchell in the extended version of the trailer. Since it can't be both, that means Abrams is frakking with us. Lord Garth it is!

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. It's only when you start thinking about Khan that you realize he's hard to work into a movie from scratch. Too much explanation and setup needed, so you'd have to focus and simplify him so much, you'd end up with someone closer to Mitchell or Garth anyway.

Why bother recasting Kirk and Spock? They could have gone with an all new cast and time period. They decided to reboot the main characters, so why stop now? To most of the audience, everything is new. Even Khan would be, and he's the only TOS villain with any pop culture awareness.

5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

What would be so hard to explain about Khan? Section 31 (which will be a part of the movie, I'm absolutely sure) found some frozen, genetically engineered super human from the past drifting in space and somehow made him angry. Now he will have his vengeance. That would probably take 10 seconds of screen time, 30 seconds if they are using flashbacks.

6. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

My vote goes to Holo-Moriarty from the prime future ... :D

7. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I think you've nailed it. I mean, can you imagine:

[​IMG]

No.

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'm convinced it's a partial remake of TFF. Cumby is Sybok, Peter Weller is St John Talbot, and the lava scenes are part of climax where we finally get to see the rockman.

9. AJBlue98

AJBlue98 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm calling this one for Kodos... only because it makes sense to my writer’s mind for this bad guy to have had a different enough back story to make him extra interesting this time around.

10. The Green Mushroom

The Green Mushroom Commander Red Shirt

I vote Harry Mudd, if only because then I would understand all the secrecy.

J.J., "The villain is Harry Mudd!"

Fans, "Really?"

I could easily see:

Mitchell, Khan, Garth--for obvious reasons already stated.

Kodos--for similar reasons though he seems to not be all that popular a guess and I was under the impression he was a bit older than Kirk.

Trelane--because it would be such a radical difference to the character.

And just because I can....

Jean Luc Picard--who is very, very angry that he was erased from history so he's teaming up with Gary Seven who has time travelled forward from his home in the 20th Century to fix the timeline.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL, what's with that Section 31 obsession?

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Transporter mishap in a time/space displacement. He's all of them, Tuvix-style.

13. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

I see that I'm the only one to vote for Decker. Probably because everyone on the Internet thinks it's going to be a true villain from TOS. I don't. In this article:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/04/abr...ek-into-darkness-at-tokyo-press-event-photos/

BC says:

He is very ruthless…He is not a clearly good or evil character. He is a villain but the actions he takes has intent and reason.

To me this sounds like someone who wasn't really evil in the Prime universe. Someone who if given the right motivation could go on a rampage but could have legitimate reasons for it.
    BC's character wants revenge and is apparently trying to save his family. To many captains their crew is like their family. In The Doomsday Machine, Decker wanted to avenge his crew while also preventing the same thing from happening to anyone else. He wasn't evil, but he wasn't completely good in the episode. To me, no other known villain fits with the above quote.
    What do you think?

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One day I think it's this guy, the next I think it's that guy...I have no idea.

Other

15. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I wanted it to be Khan, just because there is such potential there. But as time has gone on, I've come to think I don't have a clue who it it is.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not Mitchell. The eyes don't glow, and he's hitting people and shooting them when Mitchell would be Dark Emperor zapping them.

It's either a new character, or Khan. I'm pretty sure Cumberbatch will own the role with the force of a thousand supernovas. "I have returned to take... my... vengeance!"

17. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do people want him to be Khan so badly? We've had an episode and a movie with Khan portrayed PERFECTLY. Why did they reboot the movie franchise if all they're going to do is retell the same stories? I hope like hell it's NOT Khan or Mitchell because that would be more disappointing than exciting.

18. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really see people wanting him to be Khan.
    If anything, Garth of Izar seems to be getting more fans around here lately.

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Villain borrows uniform disguise. Hmmm, where have I seen that recently? :)

20. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Chagarby Geltreben Mudderhan Ceydayzar the Seventh?