Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by spinnerlys, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I never get the "filler" complaint. People are too used to arc-based serials I guess. I think an episode is an episode. Was Star Trek all filler because there was no arc?

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was using the word 'filler' as just a way to pad out the long season with sub-par episodes. Castle certainly has some arcs, but they also have a lot of dumb episodes that I think justify the need for a shorter season.
    I'd rather see fewer episodes that are actually well thought out, over episodes where they turn the percinct into the 1970's or something silly like that.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I see what you mean. Even an episodic show can have "filler" episodes; the term was used as a criticism even before TV became mostly serialized. In that sense it was/is used to refer to episodes that aren't particularly good or memorable even as self-contained tales, routine and formulaic installments that have little value beyond filling a slot on the schedule.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Castle" has been renewed for season seven as of today!

5. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

For those interested, it looks like Nathan Fillion ( @NathanFillion ) and Eddie McClintock ( @EddieMcClintock )
    who's apparently Kate's husband, based on previews
    will be live-tweeting the episode on Monday.

Sounds like fun.

Jan

6. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

O_o

Hopefully it'll be a good episode and it'll be handled well.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

How was Beckett cleared of Vulcan Simmons' murder? I missed that.

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I don't think they want you to ask such questions... because that's a very good point.

All they really have is evidence that the Senator was responsible for some murders years and years ago. And I doubt he would go, "Hey, you got me, just so you know, I also did this, this, and this... Just want to come totally clean."

I doubt it will be dealt with.

Though, one thing that I'm curious about, and perhaps it's a seed for next year, they made a big what to do about the code in her mom's journal and that it was unbreakable. Why bring it up if they were never going to deal with it?

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's called a Red Herring and the tape was a Deus Ex Machina (i love dictionaries :lol:).

So looking forward to the season finale.. i don't expect much but a little light entertainment but then many Castle season finales were very good so i may be surprised.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I already hate the season finale. It's such a horrible TV plot line that doesn't fit at all!

11. Random_Spock

I feel the same way about the upcoming one for Bones. Hopefully they won't be going in a bad direction for either show.

12. bigdaddy

What I don't get for Bones wasn't Booth already shot as a season finale where he was in a coma or something? Why bother?

This is the worst episode of Castle I have ever seen.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  13. Random_Spock

Good point... I forgot about that. They're really running out of ideas. -_-

What's so bad about it? I forgot it was even on tonight... :lol: So now onto watching it via On Demand.

Now I'm REALLY angry... hopefully they didn't screw this up for good.

Now there are two shows I'm angry at.

14. bigdaddy

That was the worst hour of TV I have seen all year. What a waste of such a great love story between the two characters.

15. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Oh god...what happened? Missed the episode and TVLine's recap won't be up for awhile.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I didn't hate it, but it was odd to see an episode that didn't revolve around a homicide at all. I mean, I suppose it would've been awfully contrived to have the homicide detective and her partner just happen to stumble across a homicide associated with their impending nuptials, but they still happened to stumble across other crimes associated with same, so it wouldn't have made too much difference in that regard.

The final twist was annoying, though. It looks like this show is doing the same thing that I've found tiresome in other romance-based shows like Lois & Clark -- throwing one contrived obstacle after another at the couple to postpone their getting together until it becomes excruciatingly tedious.

Not sure how much I care about where they plan to go next season, or if I'll even be watching, but I'm guessing that Castle's been abducted for reasons having to do with his spy father. After all, that's the only arc they've got left now aside from the 3KX thing.

And man, was it confusing seeing Eddie McClintock here immediately after watching Warehouse 13. It was hard to shift mental gears and stop seeing him as Pete Latimer. When he was on the bar floor and looked up at Beckett, I expected him to call her Myka.

17. bigdaddy

18. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I pieced together what happened by reading the comments below the recap. It sounds disappointing. This show has gone downhill.

The show is called Castle. The main character automatically survives because of that. So what's the point of this nonsense?

19. bigdaddy

Exactly. Same issue with Bones next week, there is another season, they won't kill off a main character.

It would have been nicer with less of the bullshit (I hated the episode way before the ending) and have a nice 10-15 minute wedding scene, they actually get married. THEN have whomever take him take him, but we see Castle alive but tied up somewhere.

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They fired Fillion after his stunt. The show's called Castle so they just promoted the other Castle to lead. :lol: