General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

I think it might be a NOC/SS thing, just by going on what Punk said in a recent interview about it being on or after Summerslam. NOC is my guess if it's finished, since it makes sense within the context of the PPV (being about champions and all).

Of course, if Cena is going to walk out as champion at NOC, then it could take as long until the Rumble for the new belt to debut. I mean why would Cena just dump the belt he's been long associated with? (which actually is his, if you recall, in the storyline Cena commissioned a new title belt that "suited his character" shortly after he won the title for the first time.) The way I see it:

CM Punk: This belt (it will be referred to as "title" since Vince is weird about them being referred to as belts) represents everything that is wrong with the WWE - namely John Cena. The only way that I, yes I the actual WWE Champion can hope to break away from that association is to dump this piece of crap. And as champion, I demand that the WWE board of directors selects something with class, that doesn't feature anything that disrespects the WWE Championship, it's lineage and most importantly - me.

If they want to give Punk heat, they could have him destroy of deface one of the replicas, or throw the belt away as rubbish. The new title would then be unveiled at NOC and presented to the winner of the match.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. I was thinking probably Survivor Series since it's the last major PPV of the year. I don't see Punk ever doing anything like that since that would be a sign of disrespect, and Punk's whole thing now is about respect, even as a pseudo heel like he is right now.

Anyone else think that they're writing off Brock to prepare him for the rumoured/anticipated feud against Undertaker?

3. Mr Silver

^ I think a rematch with Triple H is the most likely scenario at this moment in time. I could see that occuring at HIAC or Survivor Series. I think that Undertaker and Brock could very well be on for Wrestlemania.

4. Admiral_Young

Triple H has been advertised for the September 11, 2012 Smackdown taping in Ottawa. Raw will be in Montreal on September 10th. The Score here has been advertising them heavily.

Don't think I'd be interested in a rematch given their match last weekend.

5. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Oh fuck's sake. it looks like a biscuit tin.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. Admiral_Young

Oh dear. So Reggie Parks is not working it? That's not a good sign at all.

8. Mr Silver

He is working on it, it's just that the aluminium binding is being done by somebody else.

AFAIK, WWE only commissions Reggie Parks and/or Dave Macmillan to make the belts.

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah that's what I thought as well, and good that he's involved. I still don't like that design though for the center plate if in fact it is the center plate.

10. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I've heard it's not, but there was no source.

11. Ghost Bones

12. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I watched Impact for the first time ever this week to see if it would be a suitable replacement for the recently lacklustre Smackdown.

13. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh god...that's not a side panel? Is it too late to request they keep the spinner belt? I'm trying to avoid judging an unfinished product but the huge WWE logo is horribly tacky. Why don't they just stick some tribal tattoo patterns on it, while they're at it?

14. Ghost Bones

I think you picked the first bad Impact for about a year.

15. Admiral_Young

Yep....I have to agree that Impact for the most part has been pretty good with the episodes that I've checked out compared to Raw. Never thought I'd be saying that, ever.

16. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm always a little surprised at people who are surprised by how terrible TNA usually is. The fact of the matter is that it's nominally distant second to the WWE's product.

I'm still not convinved they've learned from WCW's mistakes.

17. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I just expected it to be bigger. Not necessarily on par with WWE, but bigger than it is. It almost resembles an indie promotion in terms of crowd size and production values.

18. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i think tonight will be the first time since fall of 1998, when i first started watching wwe, that i will skip raw. I'm burned out from these 3 hour raws. i'll just read cadwell's review over on pwtorch.com.

19. Mr Silver

WCW's biggest problem was reliance on talent in the 40+ age category to make up their main event - the only place on the card that really mattered there. They only made 2 new main event stars (eg, wrestlers who didn't make a name for themselves in another promotion like WWE) in The Giant/Big Show and Goldberg in the companies entire duration!

TNA OTOH, had made quite a few new stars, especially in the last couple of years.

20. Admiral_Young

There are people surprised with how terrible TNA usually is? Really? I'm not sure if I'll be watching Raw tonight either. I might do what I did last week and just watch segments. The three hour format is way too long and completely unnecessary.