Do you know anyone from TrekBBS IN REAL LIFE?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Brent, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Or are you only "virtual" friends with people here?

I saw a recent post that someone knew someone from TrekBBS in real life, so I'm curious, know anyone that posts here in real life? Or, is everyone just text to you?

Me, I know absolutely no one in real life from TrekBBS. You guys are just avatars and text to me :(

But I would love to know some people in real life that post here! :)

2. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I've met several people here from the board. Mostly the Sydney folks and anyone who visits the city also. There are several more people I would like to meet someday.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I've met a bunch of people at meetups. They're all fairly awesome. But I don't see anyone from the board on a regular basis outside of that.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I wouldn't mind meeting some people from here...it won't happen though.

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I've never met anyone from the board in RL but I think it would be great fun to do so.

6. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

The only person I've met doesn't post here anymore. Maybe I scared her off...?

Otherwise a couple on Facebook and that's it.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I accidentally almost met someone from here IRL. It was at a Starbucks in NYC. I just happened to see somebody I recognized there - who knew? In a city that size? :lol:

Didn't talk to her though. I was too nervous to say anything, plus she was with a friend so I figure it would have been a bit awkward if there had actually been *witnesses* to me coming up and saying "Hi, remember me? I'm Babaganoosh." (the name I was using at the time) :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  8. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

I've met several BBSers (past and present) in the offline world and spoken to a couple of others on the phone. I hope to catch up with several more at some stage. :bolian:

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. I have spoken over the phone with Frontline, and I have met Kommander in person. :D

J.

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know whether I have or not. I go to cons, who's to say that there aren't BBSrs there? I haven't knowingly had a conversation with anyone. I'd like to meet some folks, though.

11. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since I live in the Los Angeles area where a lot of BBS'ers live I have always been curious about meeting people, but right now my social anxiety automatically nixes any of that. If I am not mistaken Cooleddie was at Comic-Con this year so maybe we passed like ships in the night(well daytime) and never knew it.

12. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I thought the same about the last con I went to - though I'd assume someone else would have mentioned meeting the Trek guys there...

I think I've just collected a twitter network outwith TBBS. The only person I see offline on a regular basis is Raven_Shayde. But we live together and I told her about the forum - so that answers a bit of a cheat :lol:

13. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I've met one poster here from way before either of us had heard of, let alone joined, the TrekBBS - because of geographical location we haven't really met since (and to be honest we don't really meet much on the TrekBBS either). There are probably a few others who would know who I was if they met me (aforementioned poster included), but in general I wouldn't be able to match secret civilian identity with online persona.

14. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I've met JonathonWally, exodus, sidious618, Red Ranger, and donkey. All awesome folks. :techman:

15. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've met a fair number of posters, mainly from around Europe, only a handful of Americans. I'd love to meet more, but they are a bit too far from where I live. Maybe one day though, maybe one day. :)

16. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I've met Lindley, Flamingliberal and Kira's Mom. But none on a regular basis.

17. Mark de Vries

Mark de Vries Commodore Commodore

I've met a few people during a meetup in London, although some of them don't often post here anymore. Or maybe I just miss their posts, that's a possibility too.

18. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Ya a bunch of people, too many to list. A bunch of us hang out on a fairly regular basis. In fast, a group of us are hanging out today for the NYC Halloween Parade. NYC Meet-up crew rocks! Same with the Hershey Park meet-up group. All cool people.

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, never met anyone from here in RL. I am boring. Yes.

:D

20. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

I've met Spider, Crusher Disciple, auntiehill, Captain Ice, May 20, Thescreamingkiwi (thestonedkoala), and I'm married to Wrongway Janeway. There are many more I'd like to meet.