you're in charge of Stargate: what do you do?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Temis the Vorta, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're given full, dictatorial powers over Stargate. You still have to turn in a profit, but other than that, it's your baby. What do you do?

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Add Batman.

3. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Great thread idea Temis. I await the creative juices of our fellow posters.

Me, I know my limitations. I can add to an idea but coming up with them, not so much. That's why I didn't go into that line of work. :)

4. Ariadne

Ariadne Vice Admiral Admiral

Turn a profit?

So it's no longer a government/military base?

I'd give it back. Private industry can't really replace the military when it comes to that sort of thing.

After maybe checking out a few planets.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I already have another idea after "your in charge of atlantis"

"whats in your Atlantis backpack"

"what's *insert Atlantis character* backpack?"

I got the idea from gateworld.net

6. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Stargate the show, or Stargate Command on the show?
    If the latter then I'd....

• Ask the Tokra for some tunneling cystals
    • Use the Asgard core to create tons more of them
    • Have Atlantis distribute them to their allies throughout Pegasus..
    • Then instruct the Atlantis Expedition to organize those allies to move the gates underground..
    • Have Sam program those gates so that they do not automatically connect to the rest of the gate network, providing those planets with a closed gate system-they can still dial out, and using a code, dial back in, but the Wraith and anyone else wouldn't be able to reach those worlds..
    • Give Zelenka a raise..
    • Dial up Harlan, and ask him to create android troops to send to Pegasus. They'd be used to help infiltrate Wraith hive ships and bases.
    • Create a dozen clones. Have them one at a time, stick their head into the Ancients Repository of Knowledge, and learn everything, and then download their brains into a computer mainframe large enough to hold it.
    • Make tons of ZPMs.
    • Use the replicator technology to make non sentient, objects, such as ships and weapons.
    • Fly the ships to Pegasus and take out the Wraith once and for all.
    • Call up Mary Steenbergen, and invite her over for beer, pizza, and football. ;) :lol:

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Start working on Wraith/human ships and fighters. Latian battleships built on earth(like the prometheus)

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Buy the rights to use the Daleks in the show...

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're a TV producer in control of the show. That puts you in control of everything else, too, of course.

10. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

I would keep up with the "Stargate" movies and I would even add a third "Stargate" type of movie as well that is a movie within the "Stargate" universe but not connected to the show. For example a story about how primitve humans rebelled against Ra or a story about Russia trying to get it's Stargate program set up. Maybe even a story set 25 years in the future. Heck maybe you could do even do the story about the Stargate program being revealed to the public in this future setting thus allowing to to stay secret i nthe present.

I would then cancel "Stargate:Universe" before it even gets started and do another type of a show. A "Geenration Kill" type of story perhaps set on a alien planet where the local humans population is at war with some aliens also living on the planet. That or a show were Earth is frozen in time either by one of those repeating loops from the ep were they kepth living over the same day over and over or the those force fields that slow the passage of time. The idea is that only 5 years pass by for earth but the rest of the universe as moved on without it. The galaxy is alot differently than it use to be. It's basically my idea to take the show into the future but also keep the contemporary feel of earth still intact.

Jason

11. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's my Stargate Plan.

Step 1: One final SG-1 movie that ends their story with definite finality. Teal'c dies. Jackson disappears and never returns. Cameron commands the next 304. Vala gets bored and moves on with her life. I don't know the details but the final shot would be O'Neill and Carter sitting by the lake with fishing poles and full-on making out. Sounds like slashfic but whatever to end their story.

Step 2: Atlantis. Biggest thing is I'd demand some better character development. The entire cast is game for meatier stories so I'd make my writing staff step it up. The thing they do well with Stargate is pack a lot of story into 44 minutes so it shouldn't be a problem. One thing that would help would be more B-stories. They rarely do that on this show.

Romance. This is a fun show that's doesn't have heavy material so I'd keep it that way. It's basically swashbuckling adventure. The only thing missing from this adventure yarn is romance. I'd get that going and not that Kanaan mess or childish Keller/McKay stuff. More Kirking for Sheppard. I'd have Keller hooking up with people on the base because she likes to have fun. A party girl who can be a competent doctor is an interesting place to take a character. I'd have Ronon get his heart broken by someone because he's a HUGE romantic and Momoa would act the hell out of that. And I'd be tempted to make Lorne gay because Torchwood has shown me how fun that is to watch. Who's to say. Finally, I'd introduce the idea of families to Atlantis by marrying off Woosley. No kids because I don't want this to turn into TNG. Give him a smart, tough and loving wife who's not a ball-busting bitch like Keiko O'Brien was. But it would be nice to see a mature, loving relationship in sci-fi that's devoid of drama and it'd give Picardo some great screentime.

Villains. First, I'll say that I'd keep the Wraith. They are good villains. But I'd retcon them back into S1 & S2 Wraith with queens and cullings. I'd wrap the Michael stuff up in a two-part episode and in an intentionally Deus Ex Machina sloppy fashion so it's an obvious mea culpa to the fans. Then I'd forget that scientist types like Todd and the guy who blew up Midway existed. The Wraith are better as an infection instead of a villain.

Then I'd bring in a new villain for the mustache-twirling. A fun race. An ostentatious monarch and his royal court who want the Ancient technology from our heroes. Think Genii but without the lame Communist white trashiness. This race would be a massive threat to our Heroes with their superior firepower and unpredictable leadership. Throw in a princess with a thing for Ronon or McKay, a love/hate respect between the monarch and Shep and a court who is constantly trying to overthrow each other and it would be a great fun villain for Atlantis. Think Princess Ardala from Buck Rogers mixed with The Centauri on B5 and you get the idea.

Finally, I'd throw in an intensely serialized romp of a season 6. Every episode would end connect with the next, much like Angel S4. One long story arc for just one season. All of the above elements would play into this season.

Step 3. Stargate Universe

I'd continue to try to develop this so both shows can run concurrently.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Stargate SG-1 has to come to a nice, defined end. One last movie with Jack O'niell and the rest of SG-1 to wrap up their story-lines as is needed. Perhaps a character or two could head over to Atlantis, but "SG-1" should reach a conclusion. Teal'c should either die or go off to lead his people. Daniel should end up with Vala, or go over to Atlantis, or both, but his time with SG-1 seems over. Jack and Sam should be together (the producers spent time building up the angst, and then have been mostly pretending that their feelings for one another don't exist) or... something. No idea with Cam. Never grew on me as a character, to be honest.

As for Atlantis...let's face it, the show is a mess. I would end it as soon as possible, with a conclusion so it can be put to rest along with the Stargate franchise.

Universe might be worth it in a few years, but a totally new writing staff will be required.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

1 - Kill off Larrin. Ideally by giving her a Tanith-style death where they just superimpose her face on to someone else and kill her in the first couple of minutes of the episode.

2 - Bring back Fran. Not Fran-Weir. Just Fran.

3 - Bring back Ford for a few episodes.

4 - Give Shepard a cool Die Hard type episode where Teyla and Ronon have to rely on him to be rescued instead of making him look like an idiot. He'd get to be all Special Ops without making silly jokes and wouldn't get captured or beaten up.

5 - Give McKay a girlfriend (probably Keller) and stop treating him like Reg Barclay.

6 - Bring Carter back for the occasional episode as Commander of the Phoenix.

14. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would do one, mayb two more SG-1 movies (mayb a big epic two parter or two which are connected in some way) which is O'Neill heavy where hes back in charge of the team.

• At the end of this I would have the SG-1 team disband and mayb even re arrange the SGC
    • Carter would either leave for a civilian job connected to the Gate or be posted elsewhere
    • O'Neill would finally get to retire
    • Carter and O'Neill talk about going on a date (but leave it open ended)
    • Daniel gets a job with the Atlantis expedidtion
    • Teal'c leads the Jaffa
    • Mitchell finally feeling he doesnt need "the band" to get by puts together his own team and continues exploring the galaxy.
    • Somewhere in these movies include Ferretti

15. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

i'd like to see one of the random SG teams (sg 4 for arguements sake) in action, and i'd bring in some new concepts
    firstly, the small details (alot of them fruit from Area 51 research)

Kel warrior armor adapted to SG team equipment
    Cross an MP5 with a Goauld Staff weapon
    earth negotiates for a number of goauld ships, which will end up augmented with tech from the civ from "space race"
    more relations with the afforementioned civ
    SG4 has an Unas member
    the team will be based at the alpha site mis first season
    the pilot will have the revealation of the stargate program to earth's citizens and it will deal with the culture shock
    the next threat: the furlings (i think that was a furling ship in that prometheus episode)
    turns out the goauld empire covered 48% of the galaxy, leaving plenty of room for more evil threats

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Why would Earth want Goa'uld ships with or without Hebridan technology ? They have access to Asgard and Ancient technology which is considerably more advanced.

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

^^yeah but it takes time to manufacture ships, even when the secret's out, and there are a ton of abandoned goauld ships floating around that match well against the furling ships, the show will be a bit space:above and beyond as it will cover a war with a mysterious enemy

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I'm just not sure why we'd go around begging for inferior technology when we can build ships that are a match for the Replicators, the Ori, the Wraith etc.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I bash the writer constantly, however I can't write either so first thing is first I would see who I could put in command of the show Atlantis. I would have someone famous, if I can get them of course, who has a basic idea of how to fix and end the show within two years and then set up for the movies.

I then would hire a team of three people to put together a completely new idea for a new show. I pick three people in case some quit. :D

And I would have a miniseries or a trilogy of movies dealing with the Stargate becoming public, it's long overdo.

20. Nedersong

Nedersong Captain

Have them find a factory place that makes ZPMs and fight for control over it.

Possibly a new race that protects it.